Gold Barb Temp and Size?

Gameynerd23

Hello, I'm wondering what temperature range Gold Barbs do best in and what size they grow to be. I've been getting conflicting information from multiple websites. Some say they need cooler temperatures and some say warmer. Some websites say they grow to 3 inches and some say it's closer to an inch and a half. I really like the Gold Barbs and am seriously considering them to go into my new 75 gallon once it's cycled.

Thank you for the help!

A201

Most Barbs can tolerate a wide range of temps & water parameters. Gold Barbs are one of the smaller Barbs. 3 inches would be a good sized one.
70 - 78 degrees is a safe temp range.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

Most Barbs can tolerate a wide range of temps & water parameters. Gold Barbs are one of the smaller Barbs. 3 inches would be a good sized one.
70 - 78 degrees is a safe temp range.
Ok, I may not go with them as my 75 gallon won't have a heater because I plan on having some dojo loaches in there.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

veggieshark

3 inches is generally cited as their maximum size. I have always known them as relatively cool water fish, but I did run into conflicting info as well, collectively making the range really wide. I think 70-72 is a good temp though they can tolerate lower and higher.

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

3 inches is generally cited as their maximum size. I have always known them as relatively cool water fish, but I did run into conflicting info as well, collectively making the range really wide. I think 70-72 is a good temp though they can tolerate lower and higher.
Ok, thank you for the help!

Upvote 0

Gameynerd23

Check out Odessa Barbs. Maybe a better choice for cooler water.
I didn't mention this, but I was looking for yellow or golden fish to kind of match the loaches and I think I've settled on Long Goldfin Danios. I think they're just yellow Zebra danios with longer fins.

Thank you for the suggestion and for the help, though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
MartintheBNpleco
  • Question
Replies
Views
Gameynerd23
Replies
Views