Gold Bar Maroon Clownfish Pairing attempt

xiong.s2460.mccd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello every. I thought I share and ask a few. I have an approximate 2 inch gold bar maroon clownfish in my tank for 10 months now. However, I have just introduced an approxmite 4 inch gold bar maroon clownfish into my FOWLR tank. So far so good, I guess, when speaking of agressiveness towards eachother. I mean, they're not literally tearing eachother up. It's been 20 hrs since the introduction and no fins has been torned off, thankfully. However, the little one tends to stay away and doesn't come out to play...and hasn't ate since the introduction of the bigger fish.

Any ideas why?

xiong.s2460.mccd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Update** I guess the little maroon's comfort level is up because he's swimming around more now. However, there is still hardly any aggression towards eachother, except every long now and then the big one would swim towards the small one fast as if going to attack but only to turn back. How will I know that they paired since there was hardly any aggression to start with in the beginning?

xiong.s2460.mccd

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
How will I know that they paired since there was hardly any aggression to start with in the beginning?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom