Going to sell our 55g, and a filter or two, asking price?

Angela_96
We are looking into getting a 75 gallon tank, and will change our 36 bowfront into a little reef tank. so we will have to sell our 55 gallon tank eventually, its an allglass tank, w/ eheim filter for up to 60g. I am going to keep the penguin filter for the 58g tank we have. I will be keeping all the fish/ and rocks, plus the substrate for the 75g.

I will also be selling a eheim for up to 35g tanks, hob penguin 200, and a stealth heater for the 36g. We will keep our nova sat 24hr light for the 55 gallon because the lenth for it and the 75 will be the same. So I will sell the 55 gallon w/ the original lighting which is 2 one strip reg lights. It will have glass tops though plus the one strip reg lights have 50/50 bulbs in them.
For the reef tank we were looking at refugiums so we don't need the eheim.
I can't wait to get started on the reef!
I have no idea what to ask for the tank, so therefore advice needed.

Wolfgang8810
120 - 150 bucks sounds like a decent price. that could be put twards your fuge. I highly sugguest that you donr get a HOB fuge. they are difficult to maintain and very expensive. I would put the 150 bucks into a DIY fuge.

Angela_96
120 - 150 bucks sounds like a decent price. that could be put twards your fuge. I highly sugguest that you donr get a HOB fuge. they are difficult to maintain and very expensive. I would put the 150 bucks into a DIY fuge.

We were looking at the ones at the store that sit under the tank, that will be what we get when we do the saltwater tank, the guys at the fishstore told us that they were the best when you are looking at the refugium choices...

mlinden84
Does the 55 have a stand that you are selling with it? I guess the price will depend on what tanks go for in your area. There are some on craigslist right now in my area that range from $130 to $200 for a basic freshwater tank, stand, and lights.

Angela_96
I will be selling the tank and stand w/ the glasstops and light strips.
I will be separating the filters from the tank... what I dread is the tank and stand is not a year old yet, and they are in great condition so we will be loosing money on the tank.

mlinden84
Maybe you should just keep it!

angelfish220
Naw, we all know your giving it to angelfish220 for free!

Wolfgang8810
ones that sit under the tank are the ones I'm talking about. You could make your won for far cheeper than if you bought one fromt he store. but if your into ease of setup hten go for the ones at the store.

outlaw
If your interested, I know Gozer built a refugium out of a 20Gal long

It doesn't look that hard, just need patience, which if your doing SW, you already know about that. lol

Good Luck. Wish I had the room for a 55Gal, anybody want 2 kids? haha jk

Angela_96
If your interested, I know Gozer built a refugium out of a 20Gal long

It doesn't look that hard, just need patience, which if your doing SW, you already know about that. lol

Good Luck. Wish I had the room for a 55Gal, anybody want 2 kids? haha jk

lol, if it wasn't for the fact my 2 (soon to be 3 year old) wasn't so facinated w/ the fish and actually will not touch the tanks unless its putting his face up against it w/ the occasional try to throw his nemo bath toy in there when I am doing water changes... I wouldn't be able to have my tanks, he is so wild that is the only thing I can say he will be good around.

Thus, my inspiration for a Saltwater tank, he will absoultly die over it! the kids watch the tanks as if they were tvs.

Anyways, I like the diy refugium! how big of one would we need for the 36g tank??

outlaw
I'm still learning all that stuff, but like they say, the more water you have the better. I would see what fits under your tank with the equipment you need. Maybe check with some of the Saltwater folks in that section. I know they were helpful when I was asking questions.

or why not save the 55 and sell the 36?

Angela_96
I'm still learning all that stuff, but like they say, the more water you have the better. I would see what fits under your tank with the equipment you need. Maybe check with some of the Saltwater folks in that section. I know they were helpful when I was asking questions.

or why not save the 55 and sell the 36?

The spot where the 36 is isn't big enough for the 55, and w/ getting a 75 gallon tank we will have no room for it. We are already going to have to move a lot of stuff to move the 58g on a support in our living room, (of coarse that will make our treadmil out in the open in a usable spot instead of going through a maze behind the loveseat)

Coryd55
I would say $200 and if someone is interested and they don't want to pay that they will negotiate. Since I'm it is in such good condition I would say a higher price like that. Most of the one's on craigslist that go for $150 are not the greatest condition and are filthy normally.

Just see what happens. You can always lower the price after a week or two if no one buys it.

Angela_96
I would say $200 and if someone is interested and they don't want to pay that they will negotiate. Since I'm it is in such good condition I would say a higher price like that. Most of the one's on craigslist that go for $150 are not the greatest condition and are filthy normally.

Just see what happens. You can always lower the price after a week or two if no one buys it.

thanks, I hope I can get at least 150 for it, I keep it immaculant as it is, so it won't be like a lot of those off craigslist. Eventhough we did buy an oceanic 58g w/ stand for $175 but I have had to buy a new glass top for it, and I will need a new lightstrip (but the lightstrip is my preference I prefer the nova sat sysetems).

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
altwitch
Replies
Views
Morpheus1967
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies