Going to be away Friday night to Sunday night. Quick question.

Dark_Rider2k3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Okay so Friday night to Sunday night I will be away. I have 2 pregnant guppies, but my main concern is the 1. Here she is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixR14LAq0R4

(sorry the video quality is that bad.. taken from a cell phone).

So my question is, if you can tell, how far off is she? Should I be expecting babies any time soon?

and if so, can I/should I place her inside of my breeder box. I know everyone here says it stresses them out trying to net them, but I've been dunking the box inside the tank, letting her swim into it, and then pulling it up to let it rest... and she doesn't seem stressed out by it.

But yeah.. I just want to know what you recommend me doing... I know that if she gives birth in the current state, the other fish will jump at the chance to snack on them....

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I cant tell if she ready or not But As long as you have hiding places for fry i would worry about it too much.
But when she does give birth i write down the date when she gets pregnat again. So in around 30 days you know when shell pop

Chris

Dark_Rider2k3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I found her just now hiding out by the filter. I am on a hunch she is about to give birth soon. She has been very calm and still from me watching her.. and when i went to feed them she got her food and afterwards just kind of stayed motionless.. not by the filter but still away from the other guppies..

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sounds like she is getting ready, did she give birth yet? sometimes mine act that way for 2 or 3 days before.

Dark_Rider2k3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well sad news everyone... Right before I left yesterday night, I went to put her in the breeder box.. and I saw that she had passed away....

Dark_Rider2k3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yeah. She seemed fine though I was becoming concerned about her eating (was actually going to post about it before i saw her... I fed them and she didn't even notice the food), but wasn't completely concerned as she just looked very ready for birth. she was in that "box shape" and was always hiding motionless.... then I went that night to feed them before I left, and I saw her...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom