Going through a bad patch

barbiespoodle

Just needing to get it all out.
My younger sister died August 12. Since she is out of state and she never said anything, I didn't even know she was as sick as she was until her death.
She was our mothers care giver. Me and my youngest sister started out on the over 16 hour drive to get our mother to have her move in with me. 3/4ths of the way into the drive we get the call that our mother took ill. Being in poor health it was more than she could take, she passed August 29.

It was a very difficult and emotional 2 weeks. My youngest sister and I were far from home and having to try and handle it all, won't go into the details, we'll just say that besides having to grieve losing two in such a short amount of time, not ever even being able to see our mother through it all because of the major covid outbreak, hurricane Ida paying us a visit, all the legal and non such, yada yada, yada.

Got home late last night and am in the crash and burn stage. Of course it's far from over, there is all the probate and estate mumble jumble to have to go through and distance on top of a huge mess to untangle, but all that can wait a bit. I have to get back to work and try to get my home back in order from being gone 2 weeks.

And I gained another dog. I promised my mother that I would take care of her little dog. I am now officially a little old lady with a yappy lap dog, never thought I'd be saying that, lol.

But seriously, she's basically a good dog and my two big male dogs have welcomed her into the family, a bit grudgingly at first, but we're getting there. Best I can tell she's a chihuahua/yorkie cross, aka, a chorkey, or at least that's what I'm calling her.

So to end on a happy note, here are some pics of the new little sister fitting in to the family.

The first pic is the gang doing the waiting for snacks thing with my hubby.

The second is the littlest dog moving into the biggest dogs bed with her fav toy.

and the third are the tin goats I took from my mothers gardens to put in my shade garden to remind me of her.

Attachments

• 20210904_103600.jpg
    20210904_103600.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210904_133203.jpg
    20210904_133203.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210904_125603.jpg
    20210904_125603.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 29

Leeman75

I'm so sorry for your losses! What a challenging, difficult ordeal to have to go through. I pray for comfort and peace for you while you grieve your losses.

StarGirl

So sorry for the loss of your Mom and Sister so close together! It is so heartbreaking to lose family members. Hugs.

The little goats are going to be a perfect reminder in your beautiful garden. The little dog is fitting in nicely it seems. Cute to boot!

Lily1

I hope you’re doing better now. It seems this post is 5 months old, not sure why it’s coming through now. I see that with some much older posts here as well.

anyways, my deepest condolences & hopes you & the dogs are ok

ProudPapa

I hope you’re doing better now. It seems this post is 5 months old, not sure why it’s coming through now. I see that with some much older posts here as well.

anyways, my deepest condolences & hopes you & the dogs are ok

I'm just now seeing this for the first time also, and I see barbiespoodle hasn't been on since October. I hope she's doing okay.

Lily1

So do I.

I have read through some long posts here & prepared a reply, only to learn the post was old & closed to comments. Guy was asking about sump tanks. I have one, homemade by a previous owner. He was asking about structural support under the tanks. We recently installed six 4X4 posts here under our bedroom which is soon to have over a ton of tanks & water.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flowingfins
Replies
Views
sassymomma
Replies
Views
Tigerfishy
Replies
Views