Going Salty!

Lollipop0912

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ladies and gents......
Bananananananana... AMAZON!
I got a gift card for Christmas and used it....
Guess what’s coming I’m the mail!

Lollipop0912

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Quick question:
When I look on live aquaria, it asks me to select the lighting level. With a 24watt par 38 bulb, what lighting level would that be? Moderate? High? Low?

Nart

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Quick question:
When I look on live aquaria, it asks me to select the lighting level. With a 24watt par 38 bulb, what lighting level would that be? Moderate? High? Low?
Welcome to the dark side! Looks like you got most of your questions answered before I got to it.
For a 24Watt PAR38 bulb, if it's hanging about 15" above your water surface, it is actually considered high lighting. When I had the unit above my tank, I had it about 17" above my water surface and it was putting out 350PAR easily. So when you hang these lights over your tank, keep it around 15" - 17" above your water surface and put your corals accordingly. Like, most softies will go in the lower part of the tank, most LPS corals will go mid to low part, and only stick high lighting SPS at the top.
Hope this helps.

Lollipop0912

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
So, the bulb I ordered came in the mail today. I want happy with the look and it didn’t have great coverage of the tank. So, I decided to spend the extra 40 dollars to get an adjustable one.... here it is! Thanks everyone for the advice! @Nart Im thinking about steering clear of sps due to nutrient levels and care being slightly more challenging. Hopefully be June 9th the tank will be set up!!! (Around the date of my birthday!!!)

Lollipop0912

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Yep. This thread is old but, I got a clownfish today!!! Acclimated it over an hour and it seemed suuuper happy.
Ps. There is a hidden powerhead lol.
Also, more rock is coming.
Does anybody ever look at the old threads?

Jesterrace

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I really do recommend switching to Frozen and going with LRS Reef Frenzy. Wide variety all in one diet and no cheap fillers to dirty your tank, keep in mind that clowns are Omnivores and need greens in their diet too. Here is everything Reef Frenzy has in it:

stella1979

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Awesomesauce! Yes, I too like seeing a new post on an old thread. They're kinda the best kind because an update, good or bad, usually means the tank is still going.

I agree with a switch to frozen food. I use LRS Reef Frenzy Nano, PE Mysis, and Hikari's Mega Marine, all of which were found at LFS's carrying salty critters.

Lollipop0912

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ugh. No luck with LFS... I guess the poor unfortunate clownfish will have to eat baby brine shrimp... such a tough life they have. Also,,,,,I got my light today!!! Works great!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom