Going out of town over weekend, fry in tank. Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treefork, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

I've got to go out of town for several days, possibly from Friday to Sunday. Any suggestions on feeding tanks? Don't have anyone yet to come over. Do those out of town tank gels work well? I have some Krib fry in one tank, about 2 weeks oldish or so. Any suggestions for them? Thanks.

Joe

2. taffy

taffy New Member Member

hi, ive also got fry and i dont know if this could help but ive been toyin with the idea of a drip bottle with newly hatched brine shrimp small hole in lid sothe water and fry drip through an idea thats all nothing proved maybe it could work good luck let me know if it works for you taffy:;hf

3. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I know the gels aren't recommended by people on here who have tried them...

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Regular tanks are good to be left unfed for a while, but fry need to be fed. the other side of the coin is they need pristine water, which you risk comprimising if you use a food block. someone with fry raising experience will chime in, im sure.

5. OP
    OP
    Treefork

Treefork Well Known Member Member

Well I've noticed most of the time my fry feed off of the rocks/plants etc, I assume they are nibbling on microorganisms. Maybe enough in there for a few days? I dunno. I don't want to nasty up my tank. My mother in law may be able to feed them once a day but I think asking her to shoot first bites into the water with a syringe at the baby fry may be a little beyond her capabilities.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice