Going on Vacation!! Will my kids be okay? <><

1. TFA101

TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +13
    I'm going to Oregon for thanksgiving break, and I didn't get anyone to watch the fish for me... :oops:

i've been feeding them more frequently, and I know fish can go some time without food, but I want to be sure. i'll leave tomorrow morning and come back saturday night. Will they be alright until then without food?

I have exclamation point rasboras, bettas, zebra danios, a clown pleco, a honey gourami, and platies. I'm particularly concerned about the rasboras. Aren't their metabolisms faster, and will they need food at some point?

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,364

3. OP
    OP
    TFA101

TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks, but I've heard that some fish NEED to be fed because of metabolism rates. Will my rasboras be alright? I just want to be sure, I would hate to starve them.

oh, and those week feeders, yuck... did not work for me last time. They left my aquariums a mess...

4. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,364
    I've never kept rasboras so I can't say if they'd be ok.
    Hopefully someone who has will chime in before you leave.

5. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +236
    I also have not kept rasboras, though I am planning on it soon, so I cannot attest to the metabolism thing. One thing I will say is that your zebra danios will provide some food when they spawn.

Yeah, you're better off starving the fish than using those food things.