Going on Vacation!! Will my kids be okay? <><

1. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

I'm going to Oregon for thanksgiving break, and I didn't get anyone to watch the fish for me... :oops:

i've been feeding them more frequently, and I know fish can go some time without food, but I want to be sure. i'll leave tomorrow morning and come back saturday night. Will they be alright until then without food?

I have exclamation point rasboras, bettas, zebra danios, a clown pleco, a honey gourami, and platies. I'm particularly concerned about the rasboras. Aren't their metabolisms faster, and will they need food at some point?

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

3. TFA101 Well Known Member Member

Thanks, but I've heard that some fish NEED to be fed because of metabolism rates. Will my rasboras be alright? I just want to be sure, I would hate to starve them.

oh, and those week feeders, yuck... did not work for me last time. They left my aquariums a mess...

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I've never kept rasboras so I can't say if they'd be ok.
    Hopefully someone who has will chime in before you leave.

5. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I also have not kept rasboras, though I am planning on it soon, so I cannot attest to the metabolism thing. One thing I will say is that your zebra danios will provide some food when they spawn.

Yeah, you're better off starving the fish than using those food things.