Going on vacation...anyone use the Fish Mate F14 Food Dispenser

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by thepinched, Apr 5, 2010.

1. t

thepinched New Member Member

Hi,

So I have a 2.5 week vacation planned and want to be prepared to leave my goldfish alone and find it living when i come home. I plan on buying a timer (home depot/target) for the light. but for food i'm worried. i was looking at this:

i read that the blocks/gels are risky to use. although the gel seems maybe better...but it is only one fish. and the drum automatic feeders might dump too much food in at once. this seemed to have the ability to control how much for each day in separate compartments. i'd be tempted to fill every other one to make it feed less.

thanks!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I was going to suggest filling every other. Good plan. 2.5 weeks is too long to risk going without food, IMO.

3. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a good plan. Have you worked out someone to do a water change for you while your away? Depending on the size of the tank you might need to teach someone how to do it for you. You probably don't need to worry aobut it if it's one fish in a large tank but if it's a decent size fish in a smaller tank, a water change could well be needed while your away. Just something to think about.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice