Godzilla

1. sdawn07 Initiate Member

I call my pleco Godzilla because he's huge and when he swims around my tank he knocks down everything! I'm not sure what to do about this, because I get tired of constantly putting my plants and rocks back up (should i add more gravel?). He also is the biggest scardy cat ever (which makes me laugh at his name) and swims away as if you as much as touch the side of the tank. This causes more things to be knocked down and stirs up the gravel like crazy! I won't give him up though--he's the most fun to watch.

2. Susie Initiate Member

I'm a Godzilla fan. I'm sure I would enjoy watching your Godzilla destroying your tank. :D

3. Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

How big is your pleco?

4. sdawn07 Initiate Member

Thanks, Susie. He's is fun to watch. He's a little over 9 inches long!!

5. SharkLover Initiate Member

Mine's at least 8'' long!

6. FishFan Member Member

LOL-I call mine Monster!!! He's only about 6-7", but my other is only about 2-3" maybe...LOL I love to watch my Plecos-they are entertaining (but, I'm afraid to stick my hand in the tank to fix plants-he freaks me out!) :eek:

7. fletch Member Member

Mine fully destroyed my tank when I first got him. He hid until dark and if I turned the light on he would go psycho!
    I took away some of the plants in the tank where he was hiding in the dark. Now, three weeks on, he's used to the light and people looking in the tank. Completely tame.

8. joe Member Member

I dont even have a pleco. how big can they get? ???

9. RoboDude Member Member

Well, if you buy a Bristlenosed Plecostomus, it will grow about 5 inches, but a Common Pleco can grow well over a foot.

10. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Plecos can grow from 3 1/2 inches to over 2 feet depending what species you have in your tank. ;D

11. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

sdawn07, how big is your tank?