Godzilla The Pleco

1. sdawn07

sdawn07 Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I call my pleco Godzilla because he's huge and when he swims around my tank he knocks down everything! I'm not sure what to do about this, because I get tired of constantly putting my plants and rocks back up (should i add more gravel?). He also is the biggest scardy cat ever (which makes me laugh at his name) and swims away as if you as much as touch the side of the tank. This causes more things to be knocked down and stirs up the gravel like crazy! I won't give him up though--he's the most fun to watch.

2. Susie

Susie Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a Godzilla fan. I'm sure I would enjoy watching your Godzilla destroying your tank. :D

3. Mike

Mike Fishlore Admin Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +677
    How big is your pleco?

4. OP
    OP
    sdawn07

sdawn07 Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Susie. He's is fun to watch. He's a little over 9 inches long!!

5. SharkLover

SharkLover Initiate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's at least 8'' long!

6. FishFan

FishFan Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    LOL-I call mine Monster!!! He's only about 6-7", but my other is only about 2-3" maybe...LOL I love to watch my Plecos-they are entertaining (but, I'm afraid to stick my hand in the tank to fix plants-he freaks me out!) :eek:

7. fletch

fletch Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Mine fully destroyed my tank when I first got him. He hid until dark and if I turned the light on he would go psycho!
    I took away some of the plants in the tank where he was hiding in the dark. Now, three weeks on, he's used to the light and people looking in the tank. Completely tame.

8. joe

joe Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont even have a pleco. how big can they get? ???

9. RoboDude

RoboDude Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, if you buy a Bristlenosed Plecostomus, it will grow about 5 inches, but a Common Pleco can grow well over a foot.

10. Gunnie

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Plecos can grow from 3 1/2 inches to over 2 feet depending what species you have in your tank. ;D

11. 0morrokh

0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +2
    sdawn07, how big is your tank?