Gobies In A 5 Gallon? (seeking More Replies)

Bruno

Reaction score
I got a 5 gallon tank recently, and I was wondering if some of the following species would be ok in a tank of such size. Im not talking about having all the fish in the tank at once, im just talking about singular species in general.
1. Desert goby
2. Bumblebee goby
3: Sparkling gourami
4: Neon blue goby
For these species ive seen things range from 5g-20g (US gallons btw) so I wanted to hear some input on here before I put something that may not be suitable for 5 gallons.
Thanks

Bruno

Reaction score
yeah i was thinking the same thing with the sparkling gourami, anyone else on here have opinions?

Bruno

Reaction score
Ok ive got another question now, what are the average lifespans of the gobys i listed above? I found some articles that say 1-5 years, and others that say 6 months to 1 year, so what is the truth?

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Neon Blue Goby is expensive, hard to find, and requires a strong current to remain healthy. Not an easy fish to keep, and I would not keep them in a 5. I'd put minimum at long 20.

Desert Goby requires at least a 10 for a single pair. Haven't seen any in a while, but they are super easy to feed and breed.

Bumblebee Goby is the only one that might tolerate a 5 gallon tank. Be careful of which species you get, as there are both freshwater and brackish water species.

Bruno

Reaction score
ok sounds good thanks, would you happen to know what the the average lifespan is for a bumblebee in a established tank?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom