Gluttonous Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by aBettaNamedRoy, Apr 24, 2018.

1. aBettaNamedRoyValued MemberMember

Every time I tried to feed my betta's tank mates (a mystery snail and african dwarf frog) he eats all their food. Like...way to more than he should consume.
    I've tried feeding them separately from the my betta, but they get traumatized when removed from the tank and put into a feeding container. Then they refuse to eat. Any thoughts on what I could do?

2. DemeterFishlore VIPMember

Feed the mystery snail blanched veggies like cauliflower and zucchini. The betta may go after the veggies but not like he would with an algae wafer. You can also drop in a bit of wafer in at night a hour or so after lights out. Hopefully the betta will be in sleep mode and the snail can munch away to its hearts content.

As for the frog, your best bet is to separate it. This is why ADF should be in species only tanks. They prefer company of their own kind and will be better able to get the food they need than if they were in a tank with fish. You can try target feeding the frog with a pipette, or simply cup the betta when feeding the frog.

3. aBettaNamedRoyValued MemberMember

Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice