Gluing Torn Fin Important

1. Rtessy

Rtessy Well Known Member Member

My goldfish suffered some kind of incident that snapped her fin last night. It's very close to the base, and about five rays are snapped, more than half the fin. It goes upward at a 90° angle and flops down about 10-15°. I want to try and stop the tear from worsening and save as much of the fin as I can, as it started with only one ray broken and her using it made it worse. I have been told that medical grade waterproof super glue would work, but I have no idea where to find it, what brand works, or even how to apply it. I can't find any videos or guides on how to do this.

2. OP
    OP
    Rtessy

Bump, I need some help guys, it's tearing worse by the hour

3. NLindsey921

NLindsey921 Well Known Member Member

Try a medical supply store for the glue. That's all I can help with though as I don't know much about gluing fins.

4. OP
    OP
    Rtessy

Any and all help welcome, thank you! I don't know many medical supply stores near me, do you know any good store names or brands? I know it's a reach since it doesn't seem this happens often.

5. NLindsey921

I'm sorry I don't. Most medical supply stores near me are called just that. I looked it up though and medical grade has the same active ingredient as the rest of them so you could probably use any gel super glue.

6. OP
    OP
    Rtessy

Thank you! I'll see what I can find

7. NLindsey921

Glad I can be of help.