Gluing Plants To Rocks

fishman'iac

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi there, can I crazy glue jungle Val to small rocks and then bury them in substrate? How do I go about this..? Do I let the root fully dry or not? Any help would be appreciated thank you

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I use the gel superglue and glue the plant to the object while everything is underwater. Superglue will skin over instantly on contact with water so its very safe.

lilabug4545

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
As the previous poster said, you want to glue them with only GEL super glue. I'd recommend a quick-drying one.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would advocate using lead free plant weights. I will try to post a link when I get home. They are not expensive. Also be sure to not bury the crown of the plant.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
On the gel vs non gel, the gel just makes like easier. The big thing is to ensure its just cyanoacrylate.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Which lead-free weights have you found?
I wrap the roots in a bit of floss to cushion, and stuff it in these large bio rings, then bury the rings.
I posted a link in another thread (I forget) I got mine from Big Al’s but I think the big box stores sell them as well.

fishman'iac

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
On the gel vs non gel, the gel just makes like easier. The big thing is to ensure its just cyanoacrylate.
I have the original crazy glue and I’ve used it before. And it’s just cyanoacrylate. I think I got that right ...

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom