Gluing Anubias to Driftwood

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by Brook16, Jul 25, 2015.

1. B

Brook16 New Member Member

I picked up a piece of driftwood, and I plan to plant some anubias on it. I have some Loctite glue, but I'm unsure how to glue the plant. I'll assume I would glue the rhizome to the wood, but do the roots just hang down after gluing? How easy is it to take the plant off the driftwood should I choose to move it?

2. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

I'm not sure about the glue, but it's way easier to just use fishing line and tie it around the wood. And yeah, the roots do just hang out. Anubias get nutrients more from the water than the substrate I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

Glue it low enough so if you decide to move it you can just cut it off.

4. MightyCucumber

MightyCucumber Valued Member Member

I've had success with fishing line strings - but then again I rooted mine in one tip of the driftwood, not sure where you want to put yours. :) Took about a month for the first roots to finally settle in and get a good grip to the wood, so a little patience is required.

You can check them out here - https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...k-jbl-cristalprofi-e701-stocking-ideas-2.html . I'm a proud owner of 2 huge Anubias. :D

5. T

Thai Aquarium owner Well Known Member Member

The only way to really secure the Anubias to any wood / rock, is to use fishing line as others have already eluded too.
    You have to be very careful that you do not tighten the line too much, or you will damage the roots of the plant.
    Anubias is a root feeding plant predominately, so the roots exposed will allow the plant to feed Ok. FYI, the plant will also do well in low light conditions.

6. BDpups

BDpups Well Known Member Member

Gluing anubias to driftwood is fine. I have some glued right now. Java ferns too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice