Glueing floating/stem plants to rock?

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have a tall quartz rock in my 75 g freshwater. Has anyone glued either water wisteria or water sprite to decor?
It wouldn’t be floating but not planted either. I would try tying it but I’m horrible at tying plants and worried that my busy body barbs would chew on the thread.

jaydivingboard

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would assume it would work the same as glueing Windelov to rocks, glue the stem to the rock and not the root system (I'm sure you know that). In my experience Water Wisteria almost always has exposed roots in the water column anyways even when planted in the substrate so being glued shouldn't hurt it.

RedGallant

Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I wouldn't glue anything other than a rhizome plant to a rock, though I might give the water sprite a chance.

OP
Basil

Basil

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
jaydivingboard said:
I would assume it would work the same as glueing Windelov to rocks, glue the stem to the rock and not the root system (I'm sure you know that). In my experience Water Wisteria almost always has exposed roots in the water column anyways even when planted in the substrate so being glued shouldn't hurt it.
Exactly. And yep, I was going to glue the stem. Thanks!
Donovan Jones said:
I wouldnt do it with glue because of how they grow. I would just wedge it in the rocks
It’s a solid piece of quartz so no where to wedge ;)
Guess I’ll give it a try. Worst that will happen is it doesn’t hold or it dies.

New Threads