Glowlight Tetras?

1. Lance0414

Lance0414 Well Known Member Member

So i got home from vacation today and i look in my 10 gallon and there are 4 Glowlight Tetras swimming in the tank with my Betta. My question is can i up their school to 8-12 and move the Betta to a different tank and can the Tetras be happy in the 10 gallon? Right now the Tetras are lazily swimming around following each other and randomly having a surge of speed. What stock could i do with them because i can't rehome them and tomorrow i am going to my lfs to pick up fish and medicine for my Molly so the quicker the response the better. Thanks in Advance.

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't put them in a 10, mine are pretty active.

3. OP
    OP
    Lance0414

Ok thanks, what do you say i do with them? My other tanks have no room, my neighbors and people near me don't fish keep, and my lfs won't take other peoples fish.

36 Gallon
    4 Bronze Cories(Am getting 2-4 more tomorrow)
    1 Molly(Very Sick and is on verge of death)
    1 EBA
    1 Angelfish
    3 Bolivian Rams
    2 Plecos(1 Clown and 1 BN)

10 Gallon
    4 Glowlight Tetras
    1 Betta

2.5 Gallon
    1 Betta

1 Gallon
    Nothing(had a Betta in it before he was moved to 10 Gallon)

4. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

I'd put them in the 36 or leave them in the 10 if you really have to. Not sure how they'd do with angels or the EBA.

5. bopsalot

bopsalot Well Known Member Member

Hello! I think, if the glowlights are adults they are probably just barely big enough to do ok with an full grown angel. Not a guarantee, though. I'm not sure about the other cichlids. But I'd try them in the 36, far better than the 10, crowding the betta. But if you have some kind of sickness developing in the 36, I wouldn't advise adding anything, even cories, until I was sure everything was stable and balanced in the community. How did they "appear" in the 10 gallon? Just curious. Good luck!

6. OP
    OP
    Lance0414

The sickness has been cured in all the fish but the Molly, i will try them in the 36 Gallon the only problem is that the Angel doesn't like anything in the middle of the tank and only lets the EBA be in the middle of the tank because the EBA could easily kill him. And as how the fish appeared in the 10 Gallon, i don't know, the person who watched the fish for me probably thought i would like some in the "Empty Tank" and got me some, as i said i don't know.

7. OP
    OP
    Lance0414

Ok here are what the tanks will hopefully look like after tomorrow-
    36 Gallon
    1 EBA
    1 Angelfish
    3 Bolivian Rams
    1 Molly
    8 Glowlight Tetras
    6-8 Bronze Cories(Depends on how much are left as last time they were out of stock)
    1 Clown Pleco
    1 BN Pleco
    10 Gallon
    8-12 Schooling Fish(Haven't decided between Lambchop Rasboras, CPDs, or Dwarf Pencilfish)
    2-5 Centerpiece Fish(Either Badis, Killifish, Endlers, or Female Betta)
    Shrimp
    or
    3 Pea Puffers
    2.5 Gallon
    Betta
    2.5 Gallon(I am trying to figure out if this will work or not)
    Betta