Gloves

1. orandagal Member Member

Hi All,
    I ordered some Prime from Aquarium Guys the other day and it arrived this morning. I had planned on cleaning the aquarium tomorrow, however, my over zealous dog grabbed for a treat and I now have a cut by my thumb. I don't normally wear gloves, but don't want to get the cut infected. I have a brand new pair of Latex gloves (like for doing dishes) and wondered if this will cause a problem using them until the cut heals. Thanks for you help with this and now off to work on the dog and how we "gently" take treats from the person who feeds you!

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;id The gloves will not hurt anything other than your hands being a little clumbsy. Just make sure you rinse them off so there is no residue on them just like you should your hands.:;scorpion

3. orandagal Member Member

Thanks so much for your response :) I didn't think it would hurt, but figured I would ask, just to be on the safe side :;dogrun (darn dog)

4. toosie Well Known Member Member

It would be best of course to use a new pair that won't have dish soap or grease on them.

Good luck with your dog training. ;)

5. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Yes make sure there is no soap on them

6. Jahnikar Member Member

I wear the yellow dishwashing gloves (like the kind you get next to the sponges and dish soap at walmart) every time I work in my tanks. Just be careful to not reach in too deep and completely submerge the glove. There is a light powder inside them that could wash out and into the tank.

7. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Using gloves when you have a cut is not a bad idea. As long as the gloves are new and clean they will not hurt the fish or tank in any way and will help protect your hands from bacteria and fungus infections. They are also not a bad idea if you have had anything on your hands like soaps, oils or even hand lotion. They will help protect the water from your hands as well as help protect your hands from potential infections. I personally use them from time to time because of what my hands might still have on them just to be safe.

8. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Some of them do have a light powder on the inside depending on the brand. You might want to rinse them INSIDE and OUTSIDE.

9. orandagal Member Member

Thank you all for your replies. I have a brand new pair still in the box, so I'll use those for a little bit. I do thank you all for the quick response. My darling doggie has actually been to obedience classes and we have even done a few competitions and I really love her to death, but wanting to "grab" treats has always been her one downfall and we continue to work on this everytime she is given a treat. She is the only dog I have owned who thinks fingers are part of the treat-maybe she needs glasses :;smack

10. cameronpalte Member Member

Make sure your gloves are 100% clean and than things should work well. Best of luck!