Gloomy Black Moor

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I’m so sorry for your loss. I was giving instructions when I read your last post. I don’t think the ammonia was the issue since you were dosing with Prime. My tanks often read . 25 for ammonia in the Goldie tanks by Sunday when I clean them. Did you quarantine your new fish before adding him to the tank? Don’t clean your filter media so much and when you do, only rinse it in tank water. You are probably washing away good bacteria. You should keep the same floss and all until it just gets too funky and falls apart. Watch the Oranda in case he came in with something.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The picture is a bit blurry and it's diffuicult to tell, but this time he appears to be lying on the substrate. The nick in the dorsal seems to have deepened, and I think he was moving because I can't really tell how to tail is doing, it's too blurry for me. Hopefully someone else can see it.
Edit: I am so sorry, my phone lagged and I didn't see your last post. I'm very sorry he passed, it's always so difficult to lose them. I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope the future has better luck for you.

Chingoo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Goldiemom said:
I’m so sorry for your loss. I was giving instructions when I read your last post.
I just finished reading your last post and it gave some good information. When I clean my filter media, I will use two buckets. One fill with the aquarium water and the other empty. I will pour out the water inside the filter (it has a lot of sand substrate ) into the empty bucket. I used the tank water to rinse the media.

The reason I used the marineland beneficial bacteria was because I was told it can help with good bacteria growth. Before all this, during my water changes, I did a 1 tsb of bb and a half a cap of prime.

I guess , I should not clean the media as often. Maybe, once a month ?

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I only clean my media when it looks disgusting...probably every 6 weeks.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Condolences for your loss.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am so sorry you lost your finbaby. Please watch the Oranda closely and keep your water as clean as possible.
My heart goes out to you. It’s hard losing a part of your family especially when you try so hard to save them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom