Glofish

scatty
Just wanted to post a bit of trivia - especially to you Ken since we talked glofish recently regarding my new tank. I asked my local fish guy about them and he looked a bit shocked and ... I don't know, surprised? apparently glofish are illegal here in Australia. As is any other genetically modified fish. Any fishstore found with them faces a $10,000 fine. He knows a guy who had them and was caught.

So I don't think I'll be getting glofish....

Aquarist
Hello Scatty! Thanks for posting your areas laws on the subject! I'm sure it will help other members in your area

Have you decided on what you want to stock?
Hope you have a great weekend!
Ken

bolivianbaby
I'm sorry you can't get glofish, but I'm really glad you posted this.

It's great that we have so many members from all parts of the world.

Zebra fish are just like glofish, same personality, just different coloration, if that helps

scatty
That's basically what my fish guy said BB. Was thinking about a few zebra danios, they are cute, but I still haven't decided. I do want to move a couple of my corys over. The tank hasnt cycled yet, so I have time to think about it. I've always kinda liked blue rams, what can you guys tell me about them? Or any other dwarf cichlids I guess. Are they hard to care for?, and is the 10 gallon big enough for a pair? With a tank that size it can be tricky keeping a constant temp, so maybe they won't like that. Your expertise would be appreciated here.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom