glofish

plecolover

are glofish good to have and would they do good in a ten gallon tank?

Kevin

they are fine...not dyed...someone on FL was having problems with other fish being attracted to their colors...and aggression toward them...put as a 5-6 fish school along with some corys or otos...they should to fine

TheEssigs

I had 3, but lost one so I have just the 2 now. A pink one and a yellow one. They are pretty cool... I have them in my livebearer tank. They hang way at the top, so one one really bothers them. If it were me...in a ten, I would get like 4 or 5, two corys, an oto or two and call it a day.

Kevin

I had 3, but lost one so I have just the 2 now. A pink one and a yellow one. They are pretty cool... I have them in my livebearer tank. They hang way at the top, so one one really bothers them. If it were me...in a ten, I would get like 4 or 5, two corys, an oto or two and call it a day.
def. get more than 1 oto...I would choose either corys or otos...and get a group of those

TheEssigs

The reason I say both is cuz the corys will effectively eat the food that falls to the substrate, and otos do a great job cleaning up algae and/or brown diatoms. I have a six gallon that has 2 corys, 1 oto and some fry... the combo works great for me! But as a general rule, they say that keeping 3 or more of either species is preferrable.

Kevin

I said one or the other due to limited space...10 gal.
you could probably get away with 2 of each...that's what I would do

plecolover

that's great by the way do glofish need fluorescent light or is idescent fine ?

Kevin

that's great by the way do glofish need fluorescent light or is idescent fine ?
I dk about that one...wait for the veterens to answer that one

COBettaCouple

either should be fine.

Cody

it all depends on the color of the fish also... some colors are more attractive to the fish..I never had a problem with mine

plecolover

I actually decided to get dwarf frogs instead. thanks anyways yall.

Cody

glo fish I basicaly zebra dainos with alterd DNA...so they would do fine..turst me if you have a chance to upgrade in the future do it .. I have a 20g..still to small

M

I have a 10G and have added one glo-fish, but plan to add another. My LFS said that if they dart back and forth constantly, then to try and school them and they should relax. As far as lighting, from what I have read, fluorescent is fine, but if you want the full effect of the glo-fish at night then to use a black light---they should glow. This was taken from Glofish :
"Do GloFish? fluorescent fish glow?
Fluorescent fish absorb light and then re-emit it. This creates the perception that they are glowing, particularly when shining a black light on the fish in a dark room. For tips on the best way to display your new GloFish? fluorescent fish, please visit our GloFish? Display page.

I think they are great and wish I had seen them before I had my neon tetras (chosen by my children!)

-M

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Glofish in 10g
Replies
Views
Hobbyist
D
Replies
Views
mimo91088
  • Question