GloFish Tetra Acting Strange

Fish1999

Hey there, hoping someone will be able to help me figure out what is going on with my Glofish Tetra. Having trouble swimming, staying near the surface swimming vertically or with nose pointing up. Overall just swimming strange. Only fish with these symptoms.

What is the water volume of the tank? 60 G
What is the water volume of the tank? Full
How long has the tank been running? 3 years
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 70•C
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)
-5 GloFish Tetras
-Common Pleco
-Cory Catfish

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Weekly
How much of the water do you change? 50%
What do you use to treat your water? Multiple conditioners/added benefits.
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
Vacuum substrate.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0.0
Nitrite: 0.0
Nitrate: <25ppm
pH: 6.8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Daily, skip one day a week
How much do you feed your fish? As much as they can consume in 3 minutes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Fluval Bug Bites
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Occasionally

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 4 days ago

In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?
Swimming with nose up, staying near surface and acting strange
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Behaviour changed as mentioned. Still willing to eat.

Any info or advice is extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Just wanted to add:

I do not believe it is swim bladder but I can’t be certain. The way the fish is swimming, upright/nose pointing up, sort of “bouncing” instead of using fins.
Just wanted to add:

I do not believe it is swim bladder but I can’t be certain. The way the fish is swimming, upright/nose pointing up, sort of “bouncing” instead of using fins.
Hey there, hoping someone will be able to help me figure out what is going on with my Glofish Tetra. Having trouble swimming, staying near the surface swimming vertically or with nose pointing up. Overall just swimming strange. Only fish with these symptoms.

What is the water volume of the tank? 60 G
What is the water volume of the tank? Full
How long has the tank been running? 3 years
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 70•C
What is the entire stocking of this tank? (Please list all fish and inverts.)
-5 GloFish Tetras
-Common Pleco
-Cory Catfish

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? Weekly
How much of the water do you change? 50%
What do you use to treat your water? Multiple conditioners/added benefits.
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?
Vacuum substrate.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? Yes
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia: 0.0
Nitrite: 0.0
Nitrate: <25ppm
pH: 6.8

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? Daily, skip one day a week
How much do you feed your fish? As much as they can consume in 3 minutes
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Fluval Bug Bites
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? Occasionally

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 4 days ago

In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?
Swimming with nose up, staying near surface and acting strange
Have you started any treatment for the illness? No
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? Behaviour changed as mentioned. Still willing to eat.

Any info or advice is extremely appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Just wanted to add:

Please help me help this little guy!!! I’ve read so many different forums related and cannot seem to find anything matching my fish’s symptoms. Any advice is really appreciated. Thank you so much!! I’m also new here so I hope this is okay!! If you have questions/need more info let me know!

FishPlanet

Could you post a pic or maybe a video? That would help a lot. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Hi!! I wish I could attach a video, however it won’t let me. I can keep trying! These are the best photos I could get of the position he’s in, i hope they are okay. Thank you so much
Hi!! I wish I could attach a video, however it won’t let me. I can keep trying! These are the best photos I could get of the position he’s in, i hope they are okay. Thank you so much
When the fish navigates around he is “bouncing” if that makes sense
I think I may have figured the video out, the link for YouTube is: June 25, 2021

Thank you :)
Hi sorry ! I posted the video please take a look if you still can :) I replied to the wrong thread

Attachments

• ED643C02-71CB-4FC9-82C0-383914512620.jpeg
    ED643C02-71CB-4FC9-82C0-383914512620.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 5365079D-76C7-4CCF-B99C-F0E5270DEB45.jpeg
    5365079D-76C7-4CCF-B99C-F0E5270DEB45.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 56215D69-764B-44C8-828A-13A3FB53F93F.jpeg
    56215D69-764B-44C8-828A-13A3FB53F93F.jpeg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0

Fish1999

Good Morning Everyone!
I am new here and I’m unsure if my posts are going to the right place/if anybody is able to see them. I did post yesterday afternoon regarding this topic but have not had any advice yet, any is appreciated please help me figure out what is going on with my GloFish Tetra.

About 4 days ago, I noticed 1 of my GloFish Tetras swimming very oddly. The fish is swimming on a slant, nose pointing upwards, he appears to be “bouncing” around slowly to navigate himself. (If that makes sense)

All levels are normal in the tank (you can see the values in my previous post) I checked once again this morning and there was only slight drop in temperature overnight, 1•C.

I will add, the fish is still eating, no changes in appearance, and my other 4 GloFish are actually giving this little guy space.

I was able to get a pretty good video on how the GloFish is swimming/bouncing, the link for YouTube is:
GloFish Tetra

Again any thoughts on what this could be, any advice or recommendations are EXTREMELY appreciated!!! If you have any questions or need more info please let me know! I am worried this may be the end for this little guy :(

Thank you all so very much!
Sorry, the link for YouTube did not post above. It is:

Upvote 0

Lucy

Hi welcome to FishLore!
We have merged your threads. I hope someone can help you today.

Upvote 0

Ouse

In the thread starter you mention the temp being 70°C. You mean 70°F, right? Neither are suitable temperatures for tetras.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

In the thread starter you mention the temp being 70°C. You mean 70°F, right? Neither are suitable temperatures for tetras.
Sorry, yes •F, I checked again this morning and it is now 72•F, my GloFish have been living in this temperature safely for 2 years. Can we focus on what is going on with this Tetra in particular?
Sorry, yes •F, I checked again this morning and it is now 72•F, my GloFish have been living in this temperature safely for 2 years. Can we focus on what is going on with this Tetra in particular?
I will add: there is a heater that maintains the temperature at 72•F, that was a typo on my part, I apologize.

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

I will add: there is a heater that maintains the temperature at 72•F, that was a typo on my part, I apologize.

Welcome to Fishlore, Fish1999!

Honestly in my opinion after looking at the video, your Tetra is okay as long as it does not begin showing other symptoms or illness. I am wondering if he/she may have a little air trapped in their body during a feeding session (from the water surface and gulped some air down) causing this "bouncing" behavior. I have seen this before with some of my Tetra species before I started with sinking food, none of which caused death or illness. I think this is air also because this Pink Tetra is the only one affected and if it was a water parameter issue more fish would likely begin showing symptoms of illness and distress. Particularly, if the fish in question still eats just fine and all your water parameters are in check I wouldn't worry about it too much. Fasting the fish for a day or two and maintaining good water parameters may help him get the trapped air out of his system. Also, I agree with StinkyLoaf. I would raise the tank temperature just a little more to at least 75-76 degrees F.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Welcome to Fishlore, Fish1999!

Honestly in my opinion after looking at the video, your Tetra is okay as long as it does not begin showing other symptoms. I am wondering if he/she may have a little air trapped in their body during a feeding session (from the water surface and gulped some air down) causing this "bouncing" behavior. I have seen this before with some of my Tetra species before I started with sinking food, none of which caused death or illness. I think this is air also because this Pink Tetra is the only one affected and if it was a water parameter issue more fish would likely begin showing symptoms of illness and distress. Particularly, if the fish in question still eats just fine and all your water parameters are in check I wouldn't worry about it too much. Fasting the fish for a day or two and maintaining good water parameters may help him get the trapped air out of his system. Also, I agree with StinkyLoaf. I would raise the tank temperature just a little more to at least 75-76 degrees F.
Okay, that’s kinda what I was starting to think, but again did not think it was swim bladder. Thank you very much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it! Is there anything else I could do for him in the time being? Or just fast for a day or two, slowly raise the temp and he should be okay? Would you recommend any treatments at all? Thank you so much.

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Okay, that’s kinda what I was starting to think, but again did not think it was swim bladder. Thank you very much for your help and advice, I really appreciate it! Is there anything else I could do for him in the time being? Or just fast for a day or two, slowly raise the temp and he should be okay? Would you recommend any treatments at all? Thank you so much.
I would not recommend throwing a bunch of meds in your tank as that will just make the situation worse in my opinion. Raising the temp will speed up digestive processes in the fish and fasting will definitely help the little guy out. Healthy aquarium fish can survive for up to a week without feeding, but I would only fast for up to two days to see if there is some improvement in his condition.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

I would not recommend throwing a bunch of meds in your tank as that will just make the situation worse in my opinion. Raising the temp will speed up digestive processes in the fish and fasting will definitely help the little guy out. Healthy aquarium fish can survive for up to a week without feeding, but I would only fast for up to two days to see if there is some improvement in his condition.
Thank you SO muchJLAquatics, you have no idea how much I appreciate you & your advice, really puts my mind at ease. I will do exactly what you have recommended! Thank you so much, I am so very appreciative! :)

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Thank you SO muchJLAquatics, you have no idea how much I appreciate you & your advice, really puts my mind at ease. I will do exactly what you have recommended! Thank you so much, I am so very appreciative! :)
I don't think I helped that much, but I appreciate the affirmation regardless. However, I will tell you to constantly monitor condition of your fish for any other changes (Behavioral, Physical) and make sure your water parameters are kept pristine (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 20 nitrates) just in case the Tetra's immune system is weakened. However, since the fish still eats I have a feeling he will make a full recovery.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Hi again, sorry just wanted to update in regards to the temperature. I have the heater installed in the tank along with a thermometer that suctions onto the side (as I’m sure you know) I actually just used a different thermometer, then a third to be sure. It is reading at 76•F, so I believe the thermometer currently in the tank is faulty, if the water is at the correct temperature, do you still think most likely there is some air trapped? Aside from fasting, now in this case is there anything else you recommend? I will be switching out the thermometer and ensure the new one works correctly
I don't think I helped that much, but I appreciate the affirmation regardless. However, I will tell you to constantly monitor condition of your fish for any other changes (Behavioral, Physical) and make sure your water parameters are kept pristine (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 20 nitrates) just in case the Tetra's immune system is weakened. However, since the fish still eats I have a feeling he will make a full recovery.
Hi again, sorry just wanted to update in regards to the temperature. I have the heater installed in the tank along with a thermometer that suctions onto the side (as I’m sure you know) I actually just used a different thermometer, then a third to be sure. It is reading at 76•F, so I believe the thermometer currently in the tank is faulty, if the water is at the correct temperature, do you still think most likely there is some air trapped? Aside from fasting, now in this case is there anything else you recommend? I will be switching out the thermometer and ensure the new one works correctly

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Yup, 76 degrees F is good for your Tetras. This temp is actually what I set all my tropical community tanks at. Just keep up with water changes to ensure your parameters are as follows (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 20 nitrates), make sure the Tetra is not getting stressed out by tankmates (I would worry particularly about the Chinese Algae Eater you have in that tank currently, they can get territorial and very aggressive as they get older), and continue with the fasting and observe his condition daily.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Yup, 76 degrees F is good for your Tetras. This temp is actually what I set all my tropical community tanks at. Just keep up with water changes to ensure your parameters are as follows (0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, less than 20 nitrates), make sure the Tetra is not getting stressed out by tankmates (I would worry particularly about the Chinese Algae Eater you have in that tank currently, they can get territorial and very aggressive as they get older), and continue with the fasting and observe his condition daily.
Thank you so much! The algae eater is quite young at the moment, but I have had them in the past and am familiar with their behaviour. Could I ask you one more question, what is the best species in terms of algae eaters and minimizing aggression? Would certain snail species be a better option? Thank you!

Upvote 0

Ouse

Thank you so much! The algae eater is quite young at the moment, but I have had them in the past and am familiar with their behaviour. Could I ask you one more question, what is the best species in terms of algae eaters and minimizing aggression? Would certain snail species be a better option? Thank you!
Usually algae blooms are results of high levels of nitrogen. Testing the tank and your water source for nitrates will offer peace of mind.

Don’t get any fish to clear up algae. More fish equals more nitrogen, which equals more algae. No fish should be branded as cleaners. Most fish that eat algae in the hobby are large and hard hitting on the bioload anyway, such as the CAE you have, who can grow to a little under a foot long. When adults, they move away from eating algae and become more carnivorous.

Shrimp and small snails are better because they have a negligible bioload to them. Such species would be amanos and ramshorn snails. Nerites are effective, but in large numbers can have a large bioload.

Don’t mistake any bottom dwelling fish known for eating leftovers as an algae eater. Corydoras for example are often thought to eat algae but in truth they won’t target it and have trouble digesting it.

Live plants, lowering hours of light and manually removing algae are the best ways to go. Live plants outcompete algae for nitrates.

Unless the algae is out of control or there is none at all, there’s no problem.

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

In my experience the best algae eaters are as follows that could be housed in your tank. They will by no means cure your algae issue and only consider more algae eaters if you return the CAE to the petstore or find another home for it.

Siamese Algae Eaters: Much less aggressive and does not get as large as their Chinese counterparts, they will only do well with lots of dense plant cover in their tanks and like to live in groups. (Do not get these with the CAE, this is a recipe for disaster!)

Nerite Snails: Do not reproduce in freshwater and is regarded as the best algae eating snail. Get a group of 5-10 of them for your 60 gallon aquarium, you will not be disappointed. Do not house these snails with loaches as they will get eaten.

Amano Shrimp: The single best algae eating shrimp to have, but will not do well with large boisterous fish. Only do these shrimp if you have small peaceful community fish. (Definitely with no CAE)

Ottocinclus Catfish: Do not try oto cats if you are a beginner. These catfish do the best in large groups and are great algae eaters. Only house them in a mature densely planted aquarium to ensure they don't starve to death. (I do not recommend getting these in your setup at all until you have plenty of experience and have a proper setup for housing these fish).

Another tip: I would get more of the same species of Corydoras for the one you currently have, they love to be in groups. I would also return the CAE to the pet store long term and get better species to complete your community setup.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

In my experience the best algae eaters are as follows that could be housed in your tank. They will by no means cure your algae issue and only consider more algae eaters if you return the CAE to the petstore or find another home for it.

Siamese Algae Eaters: Much less aggressive and does not get as large as their Chinese counterparts, they will only do well with lots of dense plant cover in their tanks and like to live in groups. (Do not get these with the CAE, this is a recipe for disaster!)

Nerite Snails: Do not reproduce in freshwater and is regarded as the best algae eating snail. Get a group of 5-10 of them for your 60 gallon aquarium, you will not be disappointed. Do not house these snails with loaches as they will get eaten.

Amano Shrimp: The single best algae eating shrimp to have, but will not do well with large boisterous fish. Only do these shrimp if you have small peaceful community fish. (Definitely with no CAE)

Ottocinclus Catfish: Do not try oto cats if you are a beginner. These catfish do the best in large groups and are great algae eaters. Only house them in a mature densely planted aquarium to ensure they don't starve to death. (I do not recommend getting these in your setup at all until you have plenty of experience and have a proper setup for housing these fish).

Another tip: I would get more of the same species of Corydoras for the one you currently have, they love to be in groups. I would also return the CAE to the pet store long term and get better species to complete your community setup.
Thank you so very much, I really appreciate all your help :)

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Just wanted to follow up after Saturday:
•Fasted Saturday & Sunday
•Temperature at a consistent 76•F
•Parameters safe (same)
•Fish is not showing signs of distress
•No changes in appearance
Overall still no improvement with the Tetra, still bouncing instead of swimming. Wondering if there may be any further recommendations or just wait it out.
Side note, CAE found a new home this morning.
Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

Did you try feeding the tetra a little today? If you want to try, take the food and make sure it will sink ij a cup first before pouring it into the tank. I would feed some for the other fish in there. It will also allow you to see if the pink tetra will eat. If it does, that is a good sign.
On another note, one of my Emher Tetras began swimming in this motion like your little guy the other day. I still wouldnt worry about it at all. The Tetra should still make a full recovery provided you keep the parmeters at their current levels. I also want to thank you personally for finding a new home for the algae eater. It may be hard to get rid of fish that you are attached to, but you did the right thing for the long term success of your aquarium. :)

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Did you try feeding the tetra a little today? If you want to try, take the food and make sure it will sink ij a cup first before pouring it into the tank. I would feed some for the other fish in there. It will also allow you to see if the pink tetra will eat. If it does, that is a good sign.
On another note, one of my Emher Tetras began swimming in this motion like your little guy the other day. I still wouldnt worry about it at all. The Tetra should still make a full recovery provided you keep the parmeters at their current levels. I also want to thank you personally for finding a new home for the algae eater. It may be hard to get rid of fish that you are attached to, but you did the right thing for the long term success of your aquarium. :)
Thank you for getting back to me again :) I actually did feed them a tiny bit just a few moments ago, the Tetra is more than willing to eat!! I think you are correct in just waiting it out & hoping he will make a full recovery! Interesting your little fella started doing the same thing, I wish all the best for you!! And in regards to the CAE, it most definitely was the best decision. It was still very young and doing a decent job with the algae, but I’m not taking any risks and once it gets older it will just become a major pest in the tank! I do feel sorry for the CAE as they definitely are not as advertised, but oh well. A close friend actually really wanted him for their little KOI pond lol. Not sure if he will make it/do well but fingers crossed. They said they’ve had Plecos in the pond before and they lasted years so haha. I’m going to do some research on little shrimp & possibly the snails yoy suggested. Thank you so very much again for all your help, I greatly appreciate it!!
Thank you for getting back to me again :) I actually did feed them a tiny bit just a few moments ago, the Tetra is more than willing to eat!! I think you are correct in just waiting it out & hoping he will make a full recovery! Interesting your little fella started doing the same thing, I wish all the best for you!! And in regards to the CAE, it most definitely was the best decision. It was still very young and doing a decent job with the algae, but I’m not taking any risks and once it gets older it will just become a major pest in the tank! I do feel sorry for the CAE as they definitely are not as advertised, but oh well. A close friend actually really wanted him for their little KOI pond lol. Not sure if he will make it/do well but fingers crossed. They said they’ve had Plecos in the pond before and they lasted years so haha. I’m going to do some research on little shrimp & possibly the snails yoy suggested. Thank you so very much again for all your help, I greatly appreciate it!!
Just thought I’d add as well, if you’re interested, I took another video of the Tetra this morning. Some improvement with the swimming but not a ton, I did post the video if you wanted to check it out :)
June 28, 2021
thank you so much!!

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Just thought I’d add as well, if you’re interested, I took another video of the Tetra this morning. Some improvement with the swimming but not a ton, I did post the video if you wanted to check it out :)
June 28, 2021
thank you so much!!

Just a FOLLOW UP from Monday:
The Tetra is still bouncing quite a bit. Water temp has been consistent at 76•F, I have continued with 1-2 day fasting intervals. I’m not sure if you may have any further advice. Is your little tetra still doing the same or starting to recover? Thanks so much

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Just a FOLLOW UP from Monday:
The Tetra is still bouncing quite a bit. Water temp has been consistent at 76•F, I have continued with 1-2 day fasting intervals. I’m not sure if you may have any further advice. Is your little tetra still doing the same or starting to recover? Thanks so much
Wanted to follow up again, if anyone can please help me I would appreciate it so very much. The tetra is almost doing worse now, no improvement at all. Really struggling to navigate himself and still bouncing, I’m still doing everything that was recommended. Any further advice? Please let me know thank you so much
Wanted to follow up again, if anyone can please help me I would appreciate it so very much. The tetra is almost doing worse now, no improvement at all. Really struggling to navigate himself and still bouncing, I’m still doing everything that was recommended. Any further advice? Please let me know thank you so much
Sorry to add, the tetra is now “skimming” along the top of the tank almost in a circle, looks like trying to get air im really not sure what the issue is and how to help, please help me!!

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Sorry to add, the tetra is now “skimming” along the top of the tank almost in a circle, looks like trying to get air im really not sure what the issue is and how to help, please help me!!
Video taken this morning (JULY 7th) of the Tetra link:
July 7th
Please take a look :( thank you a ton

Upvote 0

JLAquatics

First things first, does the Tetra still eat by any chance?

Second, How long ago did you get this specific Tetra?

Other than that, I am not even sure on what this could be at this point as I have never seen something develop into something like this before. You are maintaining good water parameters and fasted the fish for a few days and the single fish is still not improving while the rest of your aquarium is doing okay. Maybe A201 the freshwater disease guru can help you with a diagnosis. I really hope someone can help you out with your fish, but I am personally fresh out of advice at this point. :(

Upvote 0

Fish1999

First things first, does the Tetra still eat by any chance?

Second, How long ago did you get this specific Tetra?

Other than that, I am not even sure on what this could be at this point as I have never seen something develop into something like this before. You are maintaining good water parameters and fasted the fish for a few days and the single fish is still not improving while the rest of your aquarium is doing okay. Maybe A201 the freshwater disease guru can help you with a diagnosis. I really hope someone can help you out with your fish, but I am personally fresh out of advice at this point. :(
Thank you very much,

The tetra is still willing to eat, and I would say I got it approx 2 years ago max. Exactly I have been maintaining good parameters and interval fasting. Thank you, should I post on that thread you mentioned or will the tag put it out there? I’m so sorry I’m new to the forum. Thank you so much
Thank you very much,

The tetra is still willing to eat, and I would say I got it approx 2 years ago max. Exactly I have been maintaining good parameters and interval fasting. Thank you, should I post on that thread you mentioned or will the tag put it out there? I’m so sorry I’m new to the forum. Thank you so much
Never mind on the last part my bad. Thank you a ton

Upvote 0

Bettamay

Is he still shoaling with the other tetras, or hiding farther away? Personally, I would move him out and just treat for swim bladder anyways, I have no idea at all what this could be.

Do you know how old he was when you got him? Was he a baby or around the size he is now?

A201

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Is he still shoaling with the other tetras, or hiding farther away? Personally, I would move him out and just treat for swim bladder anyways, I have no idea at all what this could be.

Do you know how old he was when you got him? Was he a baby or around the size he is now?

A201
He’s just bouncing around on his own, not hiding though. The other Tetras seem to be staying away from him. What would you recommend in terms of treatment? It’s a super bizarre case for sure.

I’m not sure on age when I got him, but he has grown substantially within the time I’ve had him, so I’d imagine he was pretty young when I first got him but who really knows.
Thank you

Upvote 0

Bettamay

Fasting and then feeding him boiled de - shelled peas or Daphina.
You could also do Epsom salt baths.
Maybe try treating with Erythromycin. Don't treat the whole tank, you need to move him to a separate tank and then treat him.

You should consider that he is getting older, in my experience fish tend to act strange as they age. This is really the only thing I can think of. A non communicable fish (disease? disorder? thing?) which symptoms include bobbing up and down. Very strange.

Upvote 0

Fish1999

Fasting and then feeding him boiled de - shelled peas or Daphina.
You could also do Epsom salt baths.
Maybe try treating with Erythromycin. Don't treat the whole tank, you need to move him to a separate tank and then treat him.

You should consider that he is getting older, in my experience fish tend to act strange as they age. This is really the only thing I can think of. A non communicable fish (disease? disorder? thing?) which symptoms include bobbing up and down. Very strange.
Thank you so much for your help. I will give that a go, I’m just worried it may stress him out and that will be the end, but it’s worth a try. It’s been going on for probably over 2 weeks now, super weird. I’ve never seen anything like this before! To your point, he is getting a bit older but it’s still odd symptoms he’s displaying. I did get all of the Tetras at the same time so I’m hoping the rest are okay and do not develop the same thing. Thank you again so much

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
otterblue
  • Question
Replies
Views
Initiate
Replies
Views
Tankseeker