Glofish Sexing

sirdarksol

Re: Glofish

Not entirely sure. All I can think of is that the female's going to be a bit bigger.

Cody

just do as much research as you can to determin, why can't all fish be as easy to determin as livebeares?

Tom

Are they not just zebra danios? If so, they would just get plum around the middle.
Tom

Cody

to bad they can't all be easy to determin like livebeares

VertigoXLR8R222

I agree with the "plump in the center" suggestions. they seem to be every bit zebra danios with a high tech paint job. females tend to be larger and a little hefty around the midsection, while males tend to be long, thin, and sleek. I can't help but go look at these guys every time I am in the store and randomly I see one that looks almost like a guppy ( short and really thick in the center) but there's always an oddball and it doesn't mean they're deformed ( I think) anyway, since you have the curiosity for sexing them then you must be thinking of breeding. do you think if a red and yellow pair breed there's a chance for a marbled fluorescence (red and yellow on one fish) or will the fry be either red or yellow? no one seems to have this answer, but I know they have to have been interbred previously. Lee

cribbagechampquinn

I am also going to try to breed glofish. for sexing the females have a bigger tummy. as for the question if u mix colors you should try it but here is what I think would happen.

Glofish are heterozygous fish which means they have two different traits. iftwo heterozygous fish mate they will have 2 heterozygous fish and 2 homozygous fish. the heterozyous means they have a domonite and ressicive trait hoho means same so the fish would have the same trait. from my reading the RR or dominate dominate die. the rr or recessive recessive will live but be regular zebra danio. the Rr or rR will be glofish. this is just my understanding if you want to talk glofish breeding or zebra danio breeding please email me at

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
  • Question
10 Gallon Tank Glofish in 10g
Replies
Views
Hobbyist
D
Replies