Glofish Questions

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by SunnyFishies, Jul 31, 2017.

1. S

SunnyFishies New Member Member

I have four Glofish, and I clean yheir tank very often sn feed them once a day a very medium amount. All but but are very healthy. One (the youngest) has been having a hard time swimming. He's gained composure once and a while but for the most parts he's been floating at an angle. He has all his fins and eats as much as the others. Any tips because i dont want him to die???

2. FishFish221

FishFish221 Well Known Member Member

Fast them for three days, since the sick glofish might have a problem with its swim bladder.
    What is the tank size?
    What type of glofish are they? (all types of glofish need at least 20 gallons and should be in schools of 6)
    Any pictures of the sick glofish?

3. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

Sounds like your guy has something wrong with his swim bladder. The most common cause is constipation. Is there any way you can put the single fish into a smaller tank to watch him closer? A 1-2 gallon with a heater and airstone? That way you can treat him on his own away from other fish.

I agree that the first thing I would do is fast the fish. Don't feed for 48 hours. Then feed a cooked deshelled pea. Peas act like a laxative and will hopefully clear out his system. Have you seen him poop at all? If you have what does it look like?

How big is your tank? How many fish? Is it heated, filtered, cycled?

4. OP
    OP
    S

SunnyFishies New Member Member

I do not think i can put him in a smaller tank with heater just because we do not have one, i actually havent seen him poop but then again i barely see any of then poop, they do most everything at night and when im not around but i will for sure fast my fish and hopefully everything will begin to look better. Thank you!!

5. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

What size tank? What type of glofish? What are you feeding? Can you post a picture of the sick one?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice