Glofish Question...

Recently I went to the LFS by my house to purchase some Glofish. My original plan was to buy 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow and put them in my 5 gallon tank. However the lady at the store told me I couldn't do that. She told me to make sure they were all the same color so that they would form a school. I was wondering if that was really true? ??? I really don't want to have to go back and buy 3 greens, wait, buy 3 yellows, wait some more, and then move all of them into a bigger tank and hope they eventually school together.

Yes, they will be the only kind of fish in the tank. Right now I only have 3 reds...that's what the lady at the store told to start with. Eventually I plan on moving them to a bigger tank and adding some green and yellow glofish.

I would also add, a 20gal. is the minimum or keeping these fish- smaller and they get stressed from constantly turning and hitting wall and jump out. Adults can get as large as 3", and are incredibly energetic.
I would put the betta in the 5gal. as the 1gal. is too small for them, and upgrade or return the glowfish.
Sorry to say, but few living creatures should be kept in 1gal. as keeping the temperature stable is virtually impossible in such small quantities.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom