Glofish or zebra danio breeding

Barry

Ok my glofish are spawning and the fry will be safe, but how will I care for them.
Also I'm wondering what they will look like because I have an electric green male and a sunburst orange female. The genetically inserted color is made to be dominant, so will the offsprings be co-dominant (both of the colors, but not mixed).
If you have an of some type of glofish hybrid mixture can you post it

Danjamesdixon

Welcome to the forum.

It's worth mentioning - not that I agree with it - it's an offence to breed and sell Glofish, as they are a licensed "product". So make sure you don't distribute or sell them!

Barry

I'm not planing to sell them, but I am really interested into genetics.
I am done with guppies for the most part. When I done breeding a particular fish I distribute them to my friends and start with a new fish!

​also are you saying I should not do that with this particular genetically modified breed?

zap123

Glo-Fish genetics are patented. It is illegal to purposely breed or sell them. If they do breed and look wild type, do not trade/sell them to others. Many people may not appreciate GMO stock.

As far as genetics go? who knows... you'd have to breed them to decipher dominance.

Barry

Thanks! Now not to change the reason of this post, but how many glofish should I get for a 29 gallon tank?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
MissNoodle
Replies
Views
s hawk
Replies