GloFish opinions.

PenguinTetra38
I'm bored (because of quarantine) and I was wondering what your opinions are on GloFish. I'm not looking to start an internet war or anything I just want to know what people think.

I for one am against them because I think it is cruel to the fish to inject dyes.

Stay safe

FinalFins
I am totally neutral on the subject. The coloring does not affect them behaviorally or physically, just an eyesore.

Trademarked Glofish are not injected they are bred that way being GMO. Fruit tetras are injected. Often glassfish are too.

GloFish were originally made to detect pollution levels in rivers near factories.

mrsP
As far as I know, original glofish were created by inserting certain part of jellyfish gene into fish embryo, and that fish developed into glofish. These fish were originally done to research purposes. However, that gene passes from generation to generation, so now they are grown normal way. That being said, I still wouldn't get them, since I don't like the idea of neon fish. I could consider, if that glow would indicate illness.

goldface
It's important to know what you're talking about, know the facts, before making an opinion. As others have said, Glofish are not injected with dyes.

Dewclaw83
Dyeing fish = horrible practice, will never buy one.
Glofish = wanted to make one of my own for a senior thesis. Not bad, basically just another color variant of the fish

That’s my opinions

PenguinTetra38
My bad. I thought the injected fish and GloFish were the same thing. I still think that injecting fish with dyes is cruel.

scarface said:
It's important to know what you're talking about, know the facts, before making an opinion. As others have said, Glofish are not injected with dyes.
You are right scarface you should know the facts before you make an opinion and I was under the impression that I did know what I was talking about. Evidentially I didn't.

goldface
PenguinTetra38 said:
You are right scarface you should know the facts before you make an opinion and I was under the impression that I did know what I was talking about. Evidentially I didn't.
No worries. Happens to all of us.

PenguinTetra38
Thx for understanding.

yeti79
I have glo danios and regular types mixed together. They are great! Love all the color they add to my aquarium and look great even without the special lights.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom