Glofish Info

Ed204

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
HI there,
There are 3 different varieties of GloFish. The Black Skirt Tetra, Tiger Barb and Zebra Danio varieties.
All 3 varieties are man made fish and are not natural occurring.

Let's talk about the zebra Danio variety because they are the most common in most areas.

Like the normal Zebra Danios they get up to 2 inches a pop, meaning that they are good additions to decently sized community tanks. The preferred tempreture for these guys are in a range of 65-75 degrees farenhiet and a PH range of 6.5- 8.

Like all schooling fish they are preferred to be kept in at least groups of 6, so that way they will comfortable and safe. They will swim mostly in the middle-top region of the aquarium and are pretty fun to watch.

With the right tank size (minimum 15 gallon for a group, IMO) and the right care they can live up to 4-5 years.
In terms of food, good quality fish flakes and the occasional brine shrimp or blood worm will do well.

Redshark1

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have been keeping and breeding my Zebra Danio glofish long-term and can report that they almost without exception live for between 18 months to 2 years.

I feel they are better kept in a roomy 20 gallon in larger groups of 10-15 individuals to eliminate bullying which can occur in small groups.

KasiaM

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Redshark1 said:
I have been keeping and breeding my Zebra Danio glofish long-term and can report that they almost without exception live for between 18 months to 2 years.

I feel they are better kept in a roomy 20 gallon in larger groups of 10-15 individuals to eliminate bullying which can occur in small groups.

Thanks!

New Threads