Glofish eat ghsot shrimp?

couesfanatic
Will glofish eat ghost shrimp? I'm pretty sure they will eat ghost shrimp babies but i'm not sure about full size ghost shrimp. I have 4 glofish and 12 ghost shrimp of all different sizes so I will find out soon. Anyone know?

TFA101
since the two species feed and occupy different levels of the tank, I would think they'd ignore each other. The shrimp need shelter when molting, as they do become exposed during this time, which is probably when they'd be most vulnerable. Otherwise, I would say they'd be cool together

jclee
I'd agree about shrimp babies, though, if you're not trying to breed them, you probably have a filter that would suck them out, anyway. Ghost shrimp do pretty well with small, community fish like the glofish you have.

couesfanatic
jclee
I have dwarf honey gouramis and red cherry shrimp, and the gouramis haven't bothered them. I also have a lot of plant coverage that the shrimp like to hide in. I don't think the gouramis would bother them, though.

Biscato33
I agree with jclee,

If you are worried about the glofish eating your shrimp, you could definitely provide plant coverage for the shrimp. It will give them a place to hide so they feel safer in your tank. I don't think your fish will bother the shrimp. Keep us posted!

Ali

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom