Glofish Dario With Bump On Stomach

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by fishnewbie33, Apr 16, 2017.

1. f

fishnewbie33 Well Known Member Member

Not sure what this is, but 3+ year old Glofish danio has growth on stomach area. I tried to take pics, but fish is very fast, eating/behaving normally. It doesn't look like a fungus or infection to me. Hoping someone can help with the ID. A/Ni=0, Na=15-20, pH=6.4-6.5. 72-73 degrees 5 gallon planted/filtered tank.
    tmp_31330-_20170416_223213-21313991.JPG tmp_31330-_20170416_223213-21313991.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

I wish I could see the pics better but I know first hand how hard that can be! That being said, could it be a tumor? Did you do a water test and if so, what are your results?

3. OP
    OP
    f

fishnewbie33 Well Known Member Member

A/Ni=0, Na=15-20, pH=6.4-6.5. 72-73 degrees 5 gallon planted/filtered tank.
    Just did a water change last night, gush is acting/eating normally/no distress. I can try to get a better pic, but will be difficult. The bump looks solid. I don't think it's swim bladder or impaction because of all normal behavior/no swimming difficulty. I'm afraid it is a tumor. Any ideas/help?

4. meyowmeow

meyowmeow Valued Member Member

your water parameters seem fine so I doubt it is water quality. Without a better pic I am really only guessing :( sorry. I found this site about tumors but again, I can't be sure that your fish suffers from a tumor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice