Glofish Danio Baby?

Ash_sicem

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I convinced my boyfriend to finally get a fish tank and he has 5 danio glofish. Today he found a baby just swimming about in the tank but says that the female looks like she is still pregnant. I have no experience with fry or anything. I had him remove the fry to a smaller tank so it isn't eaten but past that, I'm lost. What do the fry eat? What do I do if there are more fry or eggs? How long do they need to be separated? Basically any advice would be appreciated!

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Keep seperating fry into the smaller tank, once they've absorbed the yolk sack they can eat brine shrimp, micro worms, vinegar worms etc. Generally I separate fry until they're big enough not to be eaten.

Ash_sicem

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The fry went undetected for an unknown amount of time because it does not have a yolk sac anymore. When can we begin feeding it flakes?

Claire Bear

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you dont have brine, crumble an extremely small single flake and I think you will find it eating this. I bought pairs of kiilli fish and never bought anything special for them-more success with the proper set up but I would try that if it were me.

Ash_sicem

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you dont have brine, crumble an extremely small single flake and I think you will find it eating this. I bought pairs of kiilli fish and never bought anything special for them-more success with the proper set up but I would try that if it were me.
Thanks for the advice, as you can tell, this was quite unexpected. I will try that and see if it will eat it.

THEREALTOLMO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I had multiple experience with breeding dainos, I even successfully bred them in a 5 gallon using a plastic "box" with two angelfish :/
I fed my babies with bits of freeze-dried brine shrimp, and they ate quite well.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom