Glitchy heater?

Discussion in 'Heaters' started by Salazar, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Salazar

SalazarValued MemberMember

Ok. So I got a heater for my 5.5g guppy tank. It was an adjustable one. So I put it in the water, and waited 20 minutes before I plugged it in. Then the next day, the temp was way higher than I wanted. It was like, 98 degrees Fahrenheit (I checked with two different thermometers to make sure). So I lowered the knob on the heater. The next day, it was still the same. So I lowered the knob all the way. The next day, it was still at like, 90 degrees fahrenheit. So I got a new one that works fine, but what was wrong with my other heater?
    ???

2. Akari_32

Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Its broken :p It happens :)

3. nippybetta

nippybettaWell Known MemberMember

It might have been meant for more than 5.5 gallons... other than that, it was messed up.

4. Redshark1

Redshark1Well Known MemberMember

It wanted to go back to the shop.

5. OP
    OP
    Salazar

hmmm. ill take a closer look at the package and see what size tank it was for. ill return it if it was just broken.:confused:

6. Wendy Lubianetsky

Wendy LubianetskyWell Known MemberMember

Kaputsky

I have had heaters go out on me too.... you are not the only one.:;smack

7. Redshark1

Redshark1Well Known MemberMember

Best to buy the best heaters you can, it's one item not worth saving on. Get the best heaters at the best price. Over here the best is Visitherm by a long way according to surveys of magazine readers.

8. OP
    OP
    Salazar

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice