Glass Hood/Lid for 40 Breeder

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by Dom90, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Ok so I was looking for glass lids for my 40 Breeder, I'm well aware of the Versa Tops sold by Aqueon as I have it on my 75g. But I dont see it for sale on Amazon, so what would my other options be? Or could I go with another brand? Please help, thanks!

2. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

What are the internal dimensions of the black trim were the glass will sit?

3. Jswin

Jswin Well Known Member Member

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  4. OP
    OP
    Dom90

I know they make it, but the first post I wrote says I didnt find it for sale on Amazon. I dont really want to buy from some off site where shipping will be ridiculous... LeoDiaz 36x18 is the dimensions and its about maybe .5 inch thick so...

5. Theman1

Theman1 Valued Member Member

I got mine at Petco. Not sure if you have one around you.

6. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Yep got several around me. The closest one is real small though, just slightly bigger than their Unleashed stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. LeoDiaz

LeoDiaz Fishlore VIP Member

The marienland and aqueon tops for those size need a center brace. image.jpg

8. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Try Drs Foster and Smith or Big Als.

9. CindiL

Try Drs Foster and Smith or Big Als.
    Also, the regular 36" works so you don't need a center brace as you need room in the back for your HOB's.

10. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Ok thanks, will do! I love the free shipping of Prime so I'm rather picky about where I buy online :D

11. Jswin

12. OP
    OP
    Dom90

13. CindiL

And, they are actually the makers of all the Aqueon tanks. I think they might be owned by Aqueon but their name is on the tanks they sell. So it will actually be the same glass top :)

14. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Yep All Glass Aquariums was bought out a few years ago by Aqueon so they're one and the same.

15. SnyperTodd

SnyperTodd Valued Member Member

Wow, that's an expensive glass top! Good thing you're getting 99% off and free shipping......

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

16. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Wow I JUST realized what the original price was... I think I just survived a heart attack...

17. Jswin

I found you a deal

18. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Hahaha, that top had better be encrusted with diamonds! That's hilarious. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

19. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

Petco's Tetra brand works on the Aqueon 40g breeder tank. I just bought the Aqueon tank and glass top, both from Petco.

20. OP
    OP
    Dom90

Well I kinda rushed and made the order for the glass lid from jswin's link without considering other options and it arrived yesterday so I'll have to make do with what I have. Last resort will have to be to return this and go with the Tetra glass top.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice