glass fish??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by ayelie, Apr 4, 2010.

1. ayelie

ayelie Well Known Member Member

I have a couple of glass fish and one of them doesn't want the other one to eat. The mean one that as I call him wants all the big flakes and chases off the other one until they are all gone.

My question is: have any of you ever seen before???

2. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

What do you mean by glass fish? Glass/ghost catfish? Or indian glassfish?

In my experience, I have 2 ghost catfish in my 10 gallon tank (I don't recommend anyone do this, they were bought before I found Fishlore, now I'm trying to rehome them) and they are a highly gregarious fish. They should be kept in shoals of AT LEAST 6, a single fish will likely die without the rest of his shoal. I've never heard of aggression amongst themselves.

Indian glassfish are brackish water fish and need salt in their water to survive.

3. OP
    OP
    ayelie

they are tiny glass tetas.

thank for the reply

4. angelfish220

angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

do you know the scientific name or are you able to post a picture? I don't know what fish you mean, and I don't think I can help you until I know what fish you have. Thanks.

5. Elodea

Elodea Well Known Member Member

I'm guessing they are Pristella tetras. I have one (again, not recommended) and it's quite aggressive.

6. OP
    OP
    ayelie

IT's the little tetra that has been dyed. I will try to get a pic of him or fine one on line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice