Glass Fish Getting Aggressive

matt0404

Reaction score
My glass fish are getting aggressive well not aggressive as they are only 2 inches but the 2 larger ones seem to be fighting charging at each other and chasing the smaller one and when I feed they chase the smaller one away should I get more I only have 3 A’s they are schooling fish and I have one other dwarf gouramI thoughts on getting another one for my 10 gallon or is that pushing it ? Lmk what u guys think

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What kind of glass fish are they? Cats or tetras? Either way, adding more to the school is usually the easiest and best method to help curb aggression if your tank is large enough to handle it.

chromedome52

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds like your Glass Fish are two males and a female, and the boys are interested in mating. Assuming that these are a Parambassis species, they are found in huge schools in the wild, often numbering in the thousands. If it is the common species, you could probably add another in that 10, but I'd say that's kind of a small tank for even the three that you already have.

OP
M

matt0404

Reaction score
Wow got my whole case lol yeah was just gonna get a few more but I’m going on a trip soon here should I wait to get new going in about 6 days was told it would calm the aggression down in larger schools

I got two it was the last of them but they seems to still be doing that and scaring off the other ones when I feed

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom