Glass Fish Getting Aggressive

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Forums' started by matt0404, Jul 11, 2019.

1. matt0404

matt0404Valued MemberMember

My glass fish are getting aggressive well not aggressive as they are only 2 inches but the 2 larger ones seem to be fighting charging at each other and chasing the smaller one and when I feed they chase the smaller one away should I get more I only have 3 A’s they are schooling fish and I have one other dwarf gourami thoughts on getting another one for my 10 gallon or is that pushing it ? Lmk what u guys think

2. MrBryan723

MrBryan723Well Known MemberMember

What kind of glass fish are they? Cats or tetras? Either way, adding more to the school is usually the easiest and best method to help curb aggression if your tank is large enough to handle it.

3. chromedome52

chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Sounds like your Glass Fish are two males and a female, and the boys are interested in mating. Assuming that these are a Parambassis species, they are found in huge schools in the wild, often numbering in the thousands. If it is the common species, you could probably add another in that 10, but I'd say that's kind of a small tank for even the three that you already have.

4. OP
    OP
    matt0404

Wow got my whole case lol yeah was just gonna get a few more but I’m going on a trip soon here should I wait to get new going in about 6 days was told it would calm the aggression down in larger schools

5. OP
    OP
    matt0404

I got two it was the last of them but they seems to still be doing that and scaring off the other ones when I feed