Glass Aquarium Top Cover

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by Letsfish, Apr 24, 2017.

1. LetsfishWell Known MemberMember

Does anyone have a method to insert the glass into that vinyl tract?I installed one on a 55 gallon a couple of weeks ago and it took me over a hour.I cut my finger in the process.I tried water,WD40 and even went to a hair dryer but it was a very slow process.

2. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

You might want to try soap, that might help out. They should slide right in.

3. Books&FishWell Known MemberMember

I stand the lid vertically and slide the plastic straight down. It requires some force, but a rag over your hand prevents cuts.

4. LetsfishWell Known MemberMember

I just got off the phone with a Marineland rep and he told me basically what you said but to use water or plumbers water based silicone as a lub. I have a file that is diamond impregnate and
    it about 3000 grit I may even might try to soften that corner that gets inserted into the vinyl strip. Thanks!!

5. LetsfishWell Known MemberMember

Today I received my glass covers for a 10 and a 29 gallon tank.This time it was nothing like before .I took my diamond file and softened the corner that was to be inserted,wet the glass and tract and in less than 5 minutes I had them both on.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice