Glad I Found This Forum!

Discussion in 'Welcome to FishLore' started by Grimfeather, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Grimfeather

GrimfeatherNew MemberMember

Hello everyone,

I have been out of fish/aquarium keeping for a long time and decided to get back into it. Ive been trying to find as much information as I can and learn about what species go together and the such. I have started small (5.5 gallons) as an experiment to see if I can get a low maintenance tank going before I ramp it up to my 75 gallon tank and it seems to be going pretty well. I have hit a few of the beginner mistakes as I have progressed and as I started scouring the internet for ideas, I found this forum. Chances are, ill be browsing the history of the posts and looking for answers a good amount to make sure my tanks succeed. Thanks in advance!

2. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

Croeso welcome to fishlore

3. StarGirl15

StarGirl15Valued MemberMember

Welcome! Loads of good info here!

4. Brenden

BrendenValued MemberMember

Pretty much all the useful information I have come across has been from this forum.

Even when I google a question, I usually get redirected back here.

I honestly thought I'd sign up just to ask one question, then never use this site again. However, I keep on coming back because I love learning new things and getting new ideas. I often find myself browsing around when bored, and seeing what other people are dealing with and seeing if I can help.

5. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Welcome! Hands down if your in the aquarium hobby Fishlore is where ALL the info is. Freshwater, Saltwater, Planted tanks, Breeding, fish and plant ID, Disease advise its All here!! And of course pics are always encouraged!! :)

6. StarGirl15

StarGirl15Valued MemberMember

I have had issues with the FL search box not finding what I want to look at. I google it and it brings me to the topic I want...on FL.....o_O

7. Dawn Michele

Dawn MicheleWell Known MemberMember

Welcome to Fishlore!!!

8. OP
    OP
    Grimfeather

GrimfeatherNew MemberMember

Haha, thanks for the warm welcome folks. The first big mistake that I made is two words that might as well be a four letter word for most it seems, pond snails. I picked up some bacopa from my LFS and I guess I didnt clean it enough. Got to work today I see baby snails everywhere!

9. johnbirg

johnbirgValued MemberMember

Welcome to the forum!
    Hope you have success with your tanks as this can be a most rewarding hobby. I have had aquariums for over 50 years and gone from breeding Bettas, many community tanks, saltwater tanks for about 14 years and now have just one 70 UK gallon community tank. I really love this hobby and it has given me a great deal of pleasure over the years. Hope you have as much joy as I have had.