Giving into a craving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Red1313, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Red1313

Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Ok so I'm not the worlds worst cook, I'm not the worlds best cook. Last night while I was at Sobey's I picked up not only the eggs I needed for cookies (double chocolate chip) :;a1, but while wandering I picked up a pound or so of brussel sprouts. I had a craving for brussel sprouts in cheese sauce :drool:. However after googling it tonight I've come up empty handed on how to make cheese sauce out of cheese soup (which is what I'm planning to use). So now I'm going to go off the beaten track a bit :p I found a site that says how to cook brussel sprouts (something I've never done before either) so I'm thinking if I boil them then pour the heated cheese soup on top if should work the same right?
    If it doesn't I'll be sure to let you know, if the food poisoning doens't get me first :anim_63:

P.S. anyone who actually knows how feel free to chime up :p

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I don't care for brussel sproats but love cheese sauce.
    Carol

3. OP
    OP
    Red1313

hehe I don't mind them most of the time :p Like i said it was a craving :p

4. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I've never made cheese sauce from soup(If it's good share the recipe). I usually use velveeta and milk. Usually the mild mexican :)
    Carol

5. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Good luck! Not much of a sprout fan, but the cheese sauce is yum!!

6. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I love to cook!!!! And I'm darn good at it, too. :;bananahey

Okey dokey then. Don't have cheese sauce recipes using cheese soup, however, here are a few good links for you for easy recipes with stuff you most likely have on hand. Good luck!

7. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:p I use cheese from a jar.
    I'm not a huge fan of brussell sprouts, but rather than boil, try steaming your veggies.
    It brings out their color, and if I'm not mistaken retains more nutritional value.

8. LyndaB

LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

You are absolutely right about the steaming retaining more nutrients. Don't oversteam, though. Then you basically are left with mush that has no nutritional value. Blech!

9. OP
    OP
    Red1313

Haha thanks for the advice everyone :p
    The sprouts turned out fine last night, but the cheese soup sauce was a flop :p
    Thanks for the links LyndaB :) I'll make another attempt at it tonight and see how it goes, may have to make a grocery trip before hand though lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice