Given some plants dont know what

Stewright

Hey all
I have been given a few aquarium plants and I'm hoping to get an id on them if anyone knows thank you :)

Attachments

• 20211024_150219.jpg
    20211024_150219.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20211024_150150.jpg
    20211024_150150.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 11

Passionfish

The first one is a Cryptocoryne wendtii red, and the second one is an anubias. I can tell you the care requirements for each one if you need it:)

Stewright

The first one is a Cryptocoryne wendtii red, and the second one is an anubias. I can tell you the care requirements for each one if you need it:)
Oh wow brill thank you :) and yes please that would be very helpful:)

Passionfish

Oh wow brill thank you :) and yes please that would be very helpful:)
The Cryptocoryne wendtii will grow very slowly, and you can just dig it into your gravel. The Anubias shouldn't really be in the gravel, but I have cultured it before in gravel, so I suppose you could too, but the better way to raise Anubias is to stick it on something like driftwood. I can't remember if you have any in your tank as I type this, but if you do, find some fishing line and tie the Anubias root down to the driftwood, and it will grow on it.
Remember that these both are slow growers, so it will take some time for them to become established. Crytocorynes will grow into something like an underwater bromeliad, and Anubias will look like Anubias(I don't know how to describe it lol). Hope I helped!:)
P.S. once you see that your Anubias roots have completely stuck onto the driftwood, take out the fishing line or it will degrade and harm your fish. Don't rush this process, but just remember to keep an eye on it.

Fisch

Also please take into consideration that the crypt most likely will melt away in a new aquarium, so don't get discouraged if the existing leaves will die off on your tank before new ones are coming.

ProudPapa

If you don't want to have to bother with removing the fishing line, you can use a dab of super glue to secure the anubias rhizome to the driftwood or rock. That can stay indefinitely, and is completely safe as long as the glue is cyanoacrylate.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ProudPapa
Replies
Views
Mudminnow
Replies
Views
jake37
  • Question
Replies