girl or boy molly? i need to know...

lolagurl

my mollie seems to have the analfin or a female sometimes, and then it goes straight like a boys.. I looked at some pictures of the boy moollie vrs. the girl mollie on sexing livebearers but my mollie seems to do both of those fins. I am pretty sure you guys tell this by second analfin closest to the tail right? I need to know because I am getting another mollie tomorrow

username

As I'm picturing that in my mind... it might be a boy. However do you have a picture of it? If so then that could help alot.

lolagurl

no I dont..but how do you guys know for your mollies. so the boys analfin is supposed to be straight that's the difference right.

username

yes, the female's analfin is round and looks a tiny bit like a leaf.

skippi

HI I believe if you lookunder the livebearer topic there is a thread about sexing them which has a pic. the pic works for platy, guppy, and mollies. Hope that helps.

armadillo

Hi

Sounds like a female. When their anal tail is folded, it can look like a male. A male's on the other hand, can never change shape. A gonopodium is a gonopodium as we say in Mollyland! So my verdict is: female.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom