Girl betta maybe....

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by rae64, Mar 28, 2010.

1. rae64

rae64 Well Known Member Member

Alright guys, I feel so guilty....

So, some of you know I am getting a betta boy from MM (he is shipping tomorrow!!) I was snooping around looking at MM's aquabid ads, and she has some females avaliable. One of the ones in the pic was bright yellow, and I fell in love. I am debating over whether or not to get her, and I am super on-the fence. She will only be 5 dollars extra, so price isn't a concern.

I am a little worried about having a male and female divided tank... will the girlie get egg-bound? Will she jump the divider? 5 gallons is plenty of space per betta, right? (part of me feels guilty for not giving as much space to the betta boy) Any other concerns?

Thanks guys!

2. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

5gals is plently of room for a female. My only worry is her getting egg bound but that doesnt always happen. I've seen plenty of people on here with females and males in a divided tank and havent had problems. Just make sure the water level is at least 3 inches below the divider so they wont be able to jump over and dont put and plants near the divider they might try to use them to get a higher up start on jumping.

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

A yellow female? <perk> lol

4. OP
    OP
    rae64

Lol Lucy, yeah, she is bright yellow :)

The plants are not close to the divider, so that should not be a problem... I am hoping for a very opaque divider so that the kids cannot see each other well.

5. cajunfiberco

cajunfiberco Well Known Member Member

We'll be mail stalking together... my girl is shipping tomorrow! I say if you love her, and price isn't a concern, go for it!!

6. Furallicah

Mail stalking....ROFL

7. OP
    OP
    rae64

Lol, you guys are such enablers... I think I am going to go for her, as long as mom approves. So far things are heading in the right direction.

8. Furallicah

*influences mom* *Whispers in ear "get her.....get heerrr........* :rolleyes: Rae aren't we the best though!? Lol

9. OP
    OP
    rae64

Lol Furallicah.... I am trying to influence her! It seems to be working rather well... lol

10. OP
    OP
    rae64

WHOO HOO!!!! MOM SAID YES!!! I am getting the girl!

11. Furallicah

YAY! Can't wait to see pictures!!

12. OP
    OP
    rae64

Me Neither!!

13. Furallicah

Rofl!

14. critter_fritter79

critter_fritter79 Well Known Member Member

Congrats! All MM's kids are breathtaking and so much fun! I know you are going to absolutely LOVE your new babies!!

15. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

Rae, congrats! See what happens when you ask us whether to get another fish or not?? You end up with one anyway, same with me. I fell for it too :(.

Haha wouldn't have it any other way! Let us know when they are safely with you...

16. OP
    OP
    rae64

Thanks everyone! Yeah, I kinda had a feeling how this would turn out if I posted here... lets just say I needed some positive reinforcement... lol (you guys are such enablers)

17. Tigerfishy

Tigerfishy Well Known Member Member

:;lg :whistling: :;nin2

18. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Hi Rae, Your babies are getting ready to be bagged....I'll get a photo of the female before she leaves...She is not solid yellow she is a light MG actually....

Make SURE and keep the water lever low enough to prevent jumping!

19. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Dang, I want a sneak peek!

Rae!!!!! Where are you?

20. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Here she is....

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice