Girl acting a little "boyish"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just curious if this is completely normal or not-- my new (and still very young) girl betta is starting to swim around the tank half-flaring at things. She doesn't flip her gill covers (or whatever they are) forward, but she swims up, stops, and spreads all her fins out as far as they can go-- just like my male. She is also constantly quarreling with her boy neighbor. Her fins have also started growing rapidly, and she is really coloring up. Is there any possibility that she is actually a male, or is this typical female behavior?? (I remember critter's "Mimic" was sold as a female and turned out to be male... this is sorta what roused my suspicions... )

Red1313

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Lol my girls spend more time flaring then my boys
It's completely normal in my experience. Wait till she starts gills and all lol. They're ferocious!

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
She certainly has some attitude! Thanks for letting me know that she is experiencing normal behavior... lol

I've actually had to separate them due to a mishap where someone (AHEM Micah.... silly boy) attempted to jump the divider and missed.... I have another thread on that one.... scared me to death!

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
She certainly has some attitude! Thanks for letting me know that she is experiencing normal behavior... lol

I've actually had to separate them due to a mishap where someone (AHEM Micah.... silly boy) attempted to jump the divider and missed.... I have another thread on that one.... scared me to death!
That's what I was talking about, guess I missed that thread!

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Haha Red, you need to read more carefully!!!

rae64

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I will see if I can get a picture of her! She is so squirmy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom