Gill Fungus

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by MaxineB, Apr 14, 2018.

1. MaxineB

MaxineB Valued Member Member

I recently adopted my brother's guppy tank, because he needed help getting levels under control now with levels almost good to my knowledge(doing the testing tomorrow) But I just realized that one of their gill areas is puffed out, with "stringy cotton" like strands coming from a "cotton ball" looking thing in his gill. It is almost white, maybe a little grey. parameters will be up tomorrow some point in mid to late afternoon.

The tank is a 15 gallon I believe, 2 guppies( I know they are schooling there were more but we wanted to get everything under control before adding), w/thin layer of gravel substrate

Thanks for all help!!

2. Les Miz <3

Les Miz <3 Valued Member Member

I think it will help for us to know a few things first. What are your water parameters? Is the tank cycled? Also can we see a picture of the fish if possible? What you described does sound like some kind of fungus, so if you have any ammonia in your tank I believe that would be the culprit. Sorry I can’t help much more with this... best wishes and good luck :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice