Gifted A 5 Yo Beardie

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by Jack_Napier, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Jack_Napier

Jack_Napier Valued Member Member

I had a friend who decided they can no longer care for this big fella. I believe it's because the boyfriend is afraid of all things with scales, but alas I have no proof. I learned that they were primarily feeding him pumpkin purée because "he refused to eat anything else". Anyone have any experience with expanding their diet? I offered him some Dubias and he didn't know how to catch them.

2. OP
    OP
    Jack_Napier

O yea, here is a picture of Theon 8de7d777865475439e4676b7b5704542.jpg 9663b076a8511bc30b80a880b5086918.jpg

3. r

rubysword Valued Member Member

One thing that got my brothers picky dragon eating everything was waxworms. For the longest time, she wouldn't eat much, but then Caleb got some waxworms. she loved those, and started to develop an appetite for other things.

4. N

Natalya Well Known Member Member

He is awesome! I LOVE all reptilians!
    I'd have some, if I did not have fish already, and the research of reptilian habitats did not kind of scare me :)

5. OP
    OP
    Jack_Napier

I really hope he stops stressing soon. I don't see any stress lines on his belly but he is near constantly sporting mostly black in his beard and sides. I got him to eat some super worms but he won't touch his veggies.

Attached Files:

6. Gar2188

Gar2188 Valued Member Member

You can try placing some superworms (or anything else he likes) on to the veggies.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice