Question Giant Water Lettuce

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
julifhy said:
Is it possible to have 1 or 2 giant water lettuce in a 10 gallon tank?
No, I only say this because I just recently bought 3 of them for my 135 gallon, 3 turned to 9 very quickly...about 2.5 weeks.
I'd try just one small water lettuce and you can watch how quickly it propagates and will eventually cover the top of your 10 gallon.
They also have dwarf water lettuce that would do nicely in a tank that size.

OP
julifhy

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wrench said:
No, I only say this because I just recently bought 3 of them for my 135 gallon, 3 turned to 9 very quickly...about 2.5 weeks.
I'd try just one small water lettuce and you can watch how quickly it propagates and will eventually cover the top of your 10 gallon.
They also have dwarf water lettuce that would do nicely in a tank that size.
I was thinking of getting dwarf water lettuce and red root floaters and I was just wondering if I could get giant water lettuce as well. I was thinking it would maybe give some contrast to the top of the tank. I also don’t think I would mind it propagating fast.

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
julifhy said:
I was thinking of getting dwarf water lettuce and red root floaters and I was just wondering if I could get giant water lettuce as well. I was thinking it would maybe give some contrast to the top of the tank. I also don’t think I would mind it propagating fast.
In that case get one water lettuce and start to grow it out it's fun to watch and I heard will also love in tap water so if it becomes overbearing in the tank just throw it in a vase???

OP
julifhy

julifhy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wrench said:
In that case get one water lettuce and start to grow it out it's fun to watch and I heard will also love in tap water so if it becomes overbearing in the tank just throw it in a vase???
Alright, I’ll do that! Ty!

New Threads