Giant Rummy nose tetra spotted

Wesley801

Hello people. I have no questions, just something interesting to share!

Yesterday I went to LFS(it's actually a huge fish market) and saw a giant rummy nose tetra. It's about 10cm(4 inches) in length. It's also fat as ****. It absolutely freaks me out!

I'm currently living in Beijing and Chinese New Year is around the corner so fish store runners don't have much/good supply on fish. Most of fish are deformed or unhealthy ones. Among all the deformed fish that rummy nose tetra is the most astonishing one. It exhibits with other normal adult rummy nose tetras and it's significantly larger. It's about 2.5 times the body size of others but besides that everything looks normal. It's just huge, almost huge as the sardine in a sardine can. It's like Shaq O'Neal chilling with bunch of short skinny men. I'm pretty sure it's at least 9.5cm more possibly 10cm+. Unfortunately I didn't took a picture since my phone dead due to cold weather. I wonder if this is something store owners always get to see or this is rare enough to go on a magazine? Anyways, it astonished me so much that I can't forget about it now.

V1K

Hello people. I have no questions, just something interesting to share!

Yesterday I went to LFS(it's actually a huge fish market) and saw a giant rummy nose tetra. It's about 10cm(4 inches) in length. It's also fat as ****. It absolutely freaks me out!

I'm currently living in Beijing and Chinese New Year is around the corner so fish store runners don't have much/good supply on fish. Most of fish are deformed or unhealthy ones. Among all the deformed fish that rummy nose tetra is the most astonishing one. It exhibits with other normal adult rummy nose tetras and it's significantly larger. It's about 2.5 times the body size of others but besides that everything looks normal. It's just huge, almost huge as the sardine in a sardine can. It's like Shaq O'Neal chilling with bunch of short skinny men. I'm pretty sure it's at least 9.5cm more possibly 10cm+. Unfortunately I didn't took a picture since my phone dead due to cold weather. I wonder if this is something store owners always get to see or this is rare enough to go on a magazine? Anyways, it astonished me so much that I can't forget about it now.
Pity you couldn't take a photo...

Upvote 0

coralbandit

Go back and get picture !

Upvote 0

Wesley801

Go back and get picture !
I'd wish I could but it's Chinese New Year stores are shutting down. I do feel kind of stupid posting this thread now.

Upvote 0

fishot

I'd say just buy it if you can!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
5 Gallon Tank Rummy-nose Tetra, Ich?
Replies
Views
SterSter
Replies
Views