Giant growth on betta’s gill- please help

Jellysnail

Hey, my betta’s right gill* has grown tremendously. Not only that, but there’s some white substance on it too. He’s acting normal and like everything’s fine, so I haven’t really reached out to find what the problem is.
Information-
He’s in a 5 gallon tank, with a heater (the temperature is 79) and a filter. He has plants in his tank as well as a few decorations. I clean his tank weekly with about a 20-30 percent water change. All water parameters are normal.

BigManAquatics

Looks like a tumor from the top view. The whitish part kind of looks like maybe the tumor is making the scales pop off or split or maybe fungus, can't tell for sure.

Jellysnail

Looks like a tumor from the top view. The whitish part kind of looks like maybe the tumor is making the scales pop off or split or maybe fungus, can't tell for sure.
Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help remedy this? Is there a chance of it spreading? I’m not really worried about it right now, since he’s acting like nothings happened, but I want to try and prevent it from getting worse.

BigManAquatics

Thank you. Is there anything I can do to help remedy this? Is there a chance of it spreading? I’m not really worried about it right now, since he’s acting like nothings happened, but I want to try and prevent it from getting worse.
I don't know of much of anything that can be done with tumors, really. Often they don't seem to bother the fish much. If he still acting like whatever about it, i wouldn't worry too much. He should be able to live a pretty good life yet.

Jellysnail

I don't know of much of anything that can be done with tumors, really. Often they don't seem to bother the fish much. If he still acting like whatever about it, i wouldn't worry too much. He should be able to live a pretty good life yet.
Ok that’s great to hear. Thank you so much.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
RUADJAI
Replies
Views
FishFor2018
Replies
Views
bcsay720
Replies
Views