Giant duckweed...??

BettasAreSuperior

Hi guys, I am planning to get giant duckweed but I am apprehensive so, I have a few questions. Vishaquatics , can you help? Thanks in advance!!

1. Is care easy and how hardy is it?

2. Will I have to add more fertilizers?

4. how much bigger is giant duckweed than reg duckweed?

5. Do duckweed grow roots like amazon frogbit or short roots like red root floaters? If they do grow roots how do they look?

MacZ

Yes, no, seen 3-10x bigger, roots look like a cross between pennywort and salvinia.

Upvote 0

Vishaquatics

Hi guys, I am planning to get giant duckweed but I am apprehensive so, I have a few questions. Vishaquatics , can you help? Thanks in advance!!

1. Is care easy and how hardy is it?

2. Will I have to add more fertilizers?

4. how much bigger is giant duckweed than reg duckweed?

5. Do duckweed grow roots like amazon frogbit or short roots like red root floaters? If they do grow roots how do they look?

1. Giant duckweed is just as easy to care for and grow as regular duckweed.

2. Dosing a comprehensive fertilizer at the recommended dose will be more than enough fertilizer for this plant. It will need good nutrition to reach its full potential though.

3. Giant duckweed gets leaves about the size of a finger nail, which is quite a lot larger than the normal duckweed. More macronutrients = larger leaves.

4. I've never had the roots of giant duckweed reach over an inch, and the roots looks like white strands.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Crimson_687
  • Question
Replies
Views
dMog
  • Question
Replies
Views