Giant Danio Swimming upside down.

the228guy

I posted a little while ago my water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 5-10 ppm. I moved him to a 10 gallon tank by himself and he's still upside down. His gills are working hard and he swims every once in a while but he's not looking too good please help.

Best Answer - View Madchild57's answer

Madchild57

the228guy said:
I posted a little while ago my water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 5-10 ppm. I moved him to a 10 gallon tank by himself and he's still upside down. His gills are working hard and he swims every once in a while but he's not looking too good please help.
How long have you had it? It sounds like swim bladder issues, but it also might be a "defective" or weak fish from the store if it's new.

the228guy

Madchild57 said:
How long have you had it? It sounds like swim bladder issues, but it also might be a "defective" or weak fish from the store if it's new.
Yeah I got him about a week ago he swam at the top corner of the tank while the others where schooling in the middle of the tank he also didn't eat the entire time I had him while all the others ate their food quickly. Unfortunately he passed after unsuccessfully trying to move him to an established qt tank.

Mii

the228guy said:
Yeah I got him about a week ago he swam at the top corner of the tank while the others where schooling in the middle of the tank he also didn't eat the entire time I had him while all the others ate their food quickly. Unfortunately he passed after unsuccessfully trying to move him to an established qt tank.
RIP Giant Danio :(

Madchild57

the228guy said:
Yeah that sounds like just one of those things that can happen to new fish. Good to hear the others are acting normal

Top Bottom