Giant Danio Swimming upside down.

the228guy

New Member
Member
Messages
31
I posted a little while ago my water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 5-10 ppm. I moved him to a 10 gallon tank by himself and he's still upside down. His gills are working hard and he swims every once in a while but he's not looking too good please help.
 
Best Answer - View Madchild57's answer

Madchild57

Active Member
Member
Messages
281
the228guy said:
I posted a little while ago my water parameters are Ammonia 0ppm Nitrite 0ppm Nitrate 5-10 ppm. I moved him to a 10 gallon tank by himself and he's still upside down. His gills are working hard and he swims every once in a while but he's not looking too good please help.
How long have you had it? It sounds like swim bladder issues, but it also might be a "defective" or weak fish from the store if it's new.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3
OP
the228guy

the228guy

New Member
Member
Messages
31
Madchild57 said:
How long have you had it? It sounds like swim bladder issues, but it also might be a "defective" or weak fish from the store if it's new.
Yeah I got him about a week ago he swam at the top corner of the tank while the others where schooling in the middle of the tank he also didn't eat the entire time I had him while all the others ate their food quickly. Unfortunately he passed after unsuccessfully trying to move him to an established qt tank.
 

Mii

Active Member
Member
Messages
353
the228guy said:
Yeah I got him about a week ago he swam at the top corner of the tank while the others where schooling in the middle of the tank he also didn't eat the entire time I had him while all the others ate their food quickly. Unfortunately he passed after unsuccessfully trying to move him to an established qt tank.
RIP Giant Danio :(
 

Madchild57

Active Member
Member
Messages
281
the228guy said:
Yeah I got him about a week ago he swam at the top corner of the tank while the others where schooling in the middle of the tank he also didn't eat the entire time I had him while all the others ate their food quickly. Unfortunately he passed after unsuccessfully trying to move him to an established qt tank.
Yeah that sounds like just one of those things that can happen to new fish. Good to hear the others are acting normal
 

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
245
Guests online
3,209
Total visitors
3,454

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom